Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP! WANT 2MOVE WITH FAMILY!

claireandgiles is offline Junior Member

Default PLEASE HELP! WANT 2MOVE WITH FAMILY!

This is a complicated one but im clueless and really need help!! my mum, dad and brother want to move to NZ soon and if they get a visa and all they will be off!! i along with my daughter and partner want to go on a long holiday and stay with them while they are over there and my partner will find work out there to help finance us while we stay, and if we like it apply for residency there and stay with my parents until we find our place!

Is it possible? are people aloud to go on holiday and apply for a visa while they are there if they want to stay?

Any information will help me ALOT!!!!

thanks guys!! :)

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Yes, it's possible!

Once in New Zealand, you can change your visa at any time, as long as you meet the conditions of the permit you are applying for.

If you have any more questions, ask away [smiley=icon_wink.gif]

Good luck [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Thank u for ur quick reply!! i understand my partner can not work there while we are visiting, but we will be with family so money wont be a big problem for a while.
    When my family are there, how long would it be before they are known as official residents of NZ??
    As my partner doesnt have lots of qualifications and i dont work because i have a child to look after so im not quite sure what qualities we would have to make NZ want us! LOL!! apart from the pure fact i want to be with my family :(

Blog Entries

If you family are applying for permanent residence, then they will be official residents as soon as they activate their visa upon arrival.

Whether or not you and your partner could apply for permanent residency would depend a lot on age, qualifications, work experience and what type of work you are in. If you have enough work experience in certains fields, then you don't necessarily need to be qualified.

You might want to try the NZIS points calculator:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator

Fill that in and it will give you an estimate of the points you could score.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

If your family based have been moved to NZ, meaning majority of your immediate family members have moved to NZ, it is actually possible to apply under the family category where your brother may be able to sponsor you.

Likewise, if you have the necessary skills and qualifications, you can also apply under the Skilled Migrant Category or maybe get a temporary work visa/permit.

Cheers
    Pulsarblu

how do u mean sponser? with my parents my dad is a bulilder/carpenter and has had a business for 20 years but my mum doesnt have any qualifications and has emphysema, they dont have any family over there! do u think they are likely to get in?
    If you arent under any of the catogaries of skilled employment how else can i get in?
    thanks

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

if your parents and brother can get a visa and stay there at least for some period of time they can sponsor you to come in to NZ.

you can also apply for temporary work permits or working holidays if you cannot apply under SMC.

pulsarblu

Thanks again, my brother is only 12 so that wouldnt be possible would it? what about my parents can they?

Also, if me and my partner and child were to visit them and if he was to get a work permit and then we decide we want to stay would him having that work permit and potentially being offered a permanent job cus of it go in our favour?

cheers :)

just been looking on applying through my family and getting my parent to sponser me, looks good and i seem to meet the critiria cool

Blog Entries

Only drawback with family category is your family have to wait 3 years from residency before they can apply to sponsor you, and it could be several years before you are invited to apply for residency. There are also only something silly like 100 spaces a year under family sponsorship.

If you don't quite make the SMC, there is always the Work to Residence category, which could be just what you need.

You say your mum has emphysema, does she require any ongoing hospital treatment? Does she own breathing equipment or is it NHS supplied? The reason being is that medical conditions that NZ would consider a "burden" on the health system may have problems with an application for residency. They may want to speak to NZIS about it before making any applications.
    Taffy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast