Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: it's all gone pete tong!!!

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default it's all gone pete tong!!!

F*($^&g Police Checks..

Took the buggers nearly a week to move the application from our local nick to where they process the scottish end.
    That bit should be done by the end of the week when it goes to London for the national check,.
    We NEED it back here so it can be posted to NZ for the nursing council meeting on the 9th feb, so we can get my wife registered as a midwife.,.

If it doesn't make it , job offer will be no more, and we're screwed..

Just thought I'd share.,...

chances of us being in NZ in April... more slim than a very slim thing!!!

how p@"$$?d off???

ag28com is offline Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but Scotland Yard took exactly all of the six weeks they are allowed to process and send the reports. Unfortunately our local police force were not allowed to chase the progress of te reports until the 6 weeks was up.

I am not sure that there is such a thing as a nursing council meeting with a deadline. The registration process is not done by a board or committee, it is more of an administrative process, going through a case officer before being signed off by a manager.

Are your potential employers in NZ not willing to give a little leeway in when you can start?

i know another forumite for whom it took the whole 6 weeks too..

we've been told by the agency that there is a meeting on the 9th that we need to have everything there for.
    Everything else is there, it's just these police checks..

I have a number for the london people so I will try and plead my case, but I'm sure it won't be anything they've not heard before..

maybe I should see if Ruth Kelly can push it through for me...

NickampJacky Guest

OH HELL OH HELL OH HELL,

Sorry to hear of your probs mate.

Assuming you do get it back in your sweaty (very sweaty i would guess) palms before 8th Feb - still 3 weeks - would they accept a faxed copy in the interim? It would cut out the air mail time.

You could always plead racial harassment ( what with you being from North of the border & that), see if that speeds the coppers up a bit.

If its any consolation, I posted some documents to by brother in NZ (ok they were 3 copies of Viz) - and he got them in 4 days, which I thought was fairly swift considering.

We all have our fingers crossed for you here.....

Good Luck

Nick

cheers Nick,

We're hoping there'll be something that can be done to circumvent the problem some how.

I figured it should be about 5 days by post.
    The 14th of Feb is day 40 of the designated 40 days the boys in blue have.

So the countdown is on, 28 and counting.

justNoZi is offline Member

so it can take that long. my 400 days were up today and still no Scotland Yard report. i have about 4 weeks to go before i need to submit my ITA. i need to contact local police station to see if they can help. does anyone know - will they be able to? or is it a case of just having to wait.
    i plan to take of 30th and 31st Jan to go to New Zealand house and hand in my ITA. i hope i get refs before then. if not i'll have to ask for extension but i dint want to have to do that, may not look to good!

the number I got from strathclyde police for chasing up the london end is.

0207 230 2966.

It's the original telephonic abyss.

spoke to all our contacts out there last night and we're now in the great position where we just have to hurry up and wait.

time will tell I guess.

If we're meant to be in nz in April, then we will, if not , then we won't.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Jeex that's a bit of a nightmare. There MUST be some leeway tho, it's hardly your fault. Any sensible person in a position to offer a job can surely see the logic behind the complication and not assume you're a friggin crimnal and withdraw job offer.

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

what a burger!

Where and when should we apply for our police report if we plan to leave in May,but not hit NZ until later September? [smiley=icon_confused.gif]

justNoZi is offline Member

they say it should take 40 days for the british one - i am now in day 42 ( ueah i know i'm counting but there is so much to get organised!!) i got the scottish one within about 2 weeks but the NZIS need a UKK wide one so i need to use the number above - thanks natty - and do some chasing up.

if ii was you i would apply as soon as. this has been the worst evidence/documents ive tried to get. Even got some evidence of my second IT job - about 10 years back and thats what i thought would be the nitemare.

Anyways, all the best, better go - got some calling to do! [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast