Thread: GP Medical Records

Rho
    Rho is offline Member

Default GP Medical Records

Have checked all the other threads and couldn't find the answer. We are having our medicals in 3 weeks, do the panel doctors or NZIS contact our GPs for our medical records - or is it all just done when you go along for the medical?

Any info would be great.
    Rho.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

Your medical records are not required by NZIS. What you will need is a Medical Form to take to your GP, who will then carry out all the tests on the form. You will also need to get x-rays, and the radiographer will fill in their section of the form.

Once completed, you send the forms along with your ITA, and thats it.

It's handy to get your medical records though, to bring them with you to give to your new NZ GP so they can see your history.

Hope that helps [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Rho
    Rho is offline Member

Thank you for the info. Just trying to stay ahead of NZIS by anticipating anything they might need, don't want to give them any chance to slow things down.

Will get records for the move though (hopefully soon)
    Rho.

Blog Entries

Just to clarify when I say GP I mean your panel doctor!

Where in NZ do you plan to go, Rho?
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Rho
    Rho is offline Member

Taffy,

No problems about GP - thought it was panel doctor.

Planning to move to Bay of Plenty area. Tauranga looks like it will have the work we are looking for. Went to a seminar end of 2005 specifically targeting people to move to the area.
    Rho

Blog Entries

Was that an event by Priority One?

You have to be careful when it comes to Tauranga, there are lots of promises made and nothing delivered.

We first moved to Tauranga, and although the area was stunning and the promise of jobs was plentyful, in truth there was no work to be found anywhere. For the jobs that did become available, the pay was so bad (around $20,000p/a) we couldnt afford the smallest of houses. They don't call it "$10 Tauranga" for nothing!

We ended up having to move to Hamilton to find work, which worked out much better in the end.

Beware the Syren!

I will say though, that my experience is IT related, so your work may be much more in demand!
    Taffy

Rho
    Rho is offline Member

Thanks for the word of warning.

I'm a staff nurse, so not sure if its the same situation for my line of work. Have looked at vacancies online, but too early for me to apply as have to wait until after my youngest daughter does GCSE's in May.

Hamilton I've looked at as well as Wellington. Whats Hamilton like? Was worried that Wellington is too cold! But it looks nice and they have a lot of Government offices there - am just finishing degree in Social Policy which leads to work in Government policy stuff.
    Rho.

Blog Entries

Hamilton isnt as attractive as the Western BOP, but is a much better functional city. It's within easy driving distance of many attractions and the major north island cities of Auckland and Tauranga. Hamilton has the second largest hospital in New Zealand (after Aucklands Middlemore). The city also now boasts the largest New World and Warehouse in New Zealand! No great acheivement I know, but worth a mention [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

We've also found the people to be much friendlier than Tauranga. We spent 4 months there in all, and didn't make a single friend (hardly got to speak to anyone in fact!). Here in Hamilton, we've had no trouble in finding friends, and have settled into life here really well.

I've said this before. and I'll say it again... I'd recommend Hamilton to anyone! Once you look past it's lack of coastline and start to explore, Hamilton is an attractive city with a lot to offer people of all ages.
    Taffy

stevejan is offline Member

Hi Rho,
    We are going to the Bay of Plenty, about a hour away from Tauranga, a place called Whakatane. Steve's job will be at the paper mill there and the company are helping us relocate, the lady who is helping us has been very helpful and even taken some pictures of the town and houses and sent us them via e-mail. If the people are half as friendly as her and the area half as nice as it looks, we think it will be great - but hey, we havn't got there yet.