Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting to hear following interview!

bikershaz is offline Member

Default Waiting to hear following interview!

Hi all,

We submitted our ITA in September and my husband had his interview with our case officer last week (Wednesday).

I just can't stand this waiting!!! Why can't they just tell us? I keep thinking that to get to the interview stage they must have decided that we are suitable? They did say there is a slim chance about that we could be refused and now this is playing on my mind!!!

It is just very frustrating. We are in Spain so we were told they would contact us via email as our post takes ages.

I just wondered if anyone else was waiting following their interview. My father in law recently read an article about NZ really wanting Brits to move over!!! So why make us suffer!!! [smiley=icon_confused.gif]

Sorry to rant on but I'm driving my husband crazy at the moment. We still have loads to organise if we do get accepted and it takes 6 months to get our dog sorted.

Right I'm off now before this turns into an even bigger post!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Bikershaz,

I?m sure it?s just the old chestnut that, if you or your hubby had a job to go to, NZIS would fast track you. As it is, you are being sorted in their own good time, which probably means they are dealing with you after first sifting through all those who have job offers. They don?t take into account the fact that you are currently biting your way through a carton of 6? nails [smiley=icon_evil.gif]. Let?s hope they don?t slow down on account of Christmas approaching. Perhaps you should just concentrate on what Father Christmas is going to bring you, to take your mind off it. The best things happen when we least expect them. I would think it highly unlikely that you would be turned down at this late stage unless, of course, your hubby called the interviewer a few choice names during the interview [smiley=icon_wink.gif] .

Hope you hear something soon. What a Christmas present!
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

bikershaz is offline Member

Hi Motherbear,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I just needed to get it out of my system and have a little rant.

You are right I know but it is just frustrating waiting. It would be a fab Christmas present though [smiley=icon_razz.gif]

I'll post back if/when we hear [smiley=icon_eek.gif]

Thanks again

Shaz

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Hi Shaz,

I am also waiting for my interview and YES it is very agonizing. However as mentioned by Mother Bear, I also believe we come so far and there is a very good chance that we get accepted by them. Be patient and hang in there [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

Just to share, my wait during the whole application process was long. I submitted my EOI in Apr 05 and I only receive the invitation to apply in Oct 05 - a good 5 months wait, then I submitted the ITA in Nov and now waiting for interview in Jan 06. Whos knows how long I need to wait after the interview for an answer...in total i have waited 9 months and or maybe even longer...since I do not have a job offer..

But the wait will be fruitful i am sure!

We are on the same boat and we shall sail to victory together!! [smiley=003.gif]

cheers! Pulsarblu

NickampJacky Guest

Shaz

I is my understanding that the interview is mostly to clarify and confirm what you have put in your application.

I am sure that if you have been honest with them (and I am sure you have) that it will be just a formalilty to pass the interview. I think the "slim chance" they refered to is a technicality, like when we got told after the selection of our EOI

"We will conduct some preliminary checks of the information you have provided to determine whether your claim is accurate. Following this checking, you may be invited to apply for residence in New Zealand."

The use of "may", in my opinion, is similar to the E&OE (errors & ommission excluded) that we get on stuff in the UK just so if THEY have made a cock up somewhere down the line, they have a get-out option.

Iam sure all will be ok, just think that the longer it takes to get a reply the more bottles of wine you are entirley justified in drinking when you do get your "yes".

Good luck!

Nick

moggy is offline God like figure

From what I have heard, the interview is mainly to establish that you are prepared for your new life in NZ that you have enough money to keep you going for a while and that you have a realistic view of what your life may be like there and a suitable support system to help you should you need it.

I would think only answers along these lines would go against you

"money, oh I have ?500, that should be enough for a few months"
    "house, I here I can pick up half a dozen for $100, that won't be a problem"
    "friends - no, I am computer programmer and don't talk to people, I don't need friends"
    "Auckland? where's that?"
    "Maori? don't they live in mud huts?"

NickampJacky Guest

Nice one Moggy!

nattydread is offline God like figure

I would think only answers along these lines would go against you

"money, oh I have ?500, that should be enough for a few months"
    "house, I here I can pick up half a dozen for $100, that won't be a problem"
    "friends - no, I am computer programmer and don't talk to people, I don't need friends"
    "Auckland? where's that?"
    "Maori? don't they live in mud huts?"
    are these bad answers then?
    damn, i better get some friends..

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Just tell them about all your friends on MoveToNZ Nattydread - that should convince them :smiley20:

ag28com is offline Member

it will probably convince them to NEVER let you within a million miles of the country.............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast