Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Migrant Levy Form?

Ace
    Ace is offline Member

Default Migrant Levy Form?

We're just in the final stages of getting our application ready to submit.

One of the instructions is to fill out a Migrant Levy form. However, we either didn't receive such a form, or it's been lost. I looked on the NZIS site, and didn't find one that's available for download.

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of this form?

The instructions also mention an application fee, but I'm guessing that the last page of the pre-printed application that they send with the ITA is for the application fee, even though it just asks for payment information, without saying what it's for.

Thanks!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Well thats odd!

The migrant levy isnt due unless your application is successful, which is probably why it's absent.

I wouldn't worry about it. They'll soon ask for it if they really want it! We didn't receive one, nor ever fill one out.

And yes, the payment page is the back page where you fill in credit card details, or whatever you are paying with.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

yes, that is correct, I did not receive any migrant levy form too.

btw, that brings to my mind another question, does anyone know what is the amount for the migrant levy?

cheers!
    pulsarblu

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

I think it differs from country to country, ours was $300 each but our application was dealt with in NZ.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

thanks Taffy, I guess that is true it varies from country to country..

pulsarblu

moggy is offline God like figure

We got a migrant levy form, however we did not submit it with the application as it bascially allows them to charge you the money as soon as you get PR, if you are wanting the extra 4 months to sort things out in the UK to add onto your 12 months that you have to get there, then you don't want that to happen

stevejan is offline Member

We have just submitted our ITA and we had a Migrant Levy form which is basically just your bank details so they can take out the fee, which is ?115 each, with a maximum payment of ?460. We did submit the form with the rest of our papers as we went by the checklist and this was second on the list! How do you get away with not sending it!! By the way does anyone know how long it will be before the payment is taken :question We are just relieved and happy to have submitted our papers and now hope the wait isn't toooooooo long!!
    Jan and Steve

moggy is offline God like figure

from what I hear from most people on the forums that you only have to pay the levy when you want to get your stamps. Reading the wording on the form it seemed clear that it was optional and the only advantage was for those people who are in a hurry to get to NZ

I found the answer. The migrant levy is imposed only after the residency is approved. Every member of the family is at NZ$300 each but the maximum cap is NZ$1200. So if you have two family members in the application, then the migrant levy is NZ$600, if there are five members, the levy is NZ$1200.

Pulsarblu..

stevejan is offline Member

Moggy - I don't know if you had a different Migrant Levy form from us but it did not seem to us to be an option not to send it and we didn't think it made any difference to the time scale of receiving your residency (or blue stickers, as I believe they are known) we thought everyone had to pay it before they issue your residency :icon_confused:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast