Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RETURN OF DOCUMENTS FOR ITA

jento is offline Junior Member

Default RETURN OF DOCUMENTS FOR ITA

Hello again....we received our ITA yesterday.....am in shock....I think I was so worried about only having 105 points that I didn't think we'd get this far!!!
    Does anyone have any idea of how long NZIS take to return documetns submitted for ITA - we are hoping to submit soon, and need passports for a trip to Berlin over the festive period!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Jento

------------------
    EOI SUBMITTED: 11TH OCTOBER
    EOI SELECTED: 12TH OCTOBER
    ITA RECEIVED: 31ST OCTOBER

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Jento,

As far as the return of your passports, I've copied this reply by Taffy when Selchie asked a similar question.

[color=blue:cd4e3423a9]'They will take certified copies of them and send them back pretty quickly afterwards normally. They will only need them to put the visas in after that' [/color:cd4e3423a9]

Selchie, by now, may be able to either agree or disagree with that statement as, hopefully, she's had hers back already.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

nattydread is offline God like figure

I wondered how long it would take....!!????

"We've got our ITA...???"

oooohhhhhh Hark at her...!!!

Showing off now aren't you!

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately we're still waiting to get ours back 6 weeks and counting). Gotta pester the NZIS guy who said he'd put them in the mail a few weeks ago. Because you'll have 4 months to submit your application, I recommend that you hold onto your passports until after the holidays. There's been talk on the forum about getting a certified copy of one's passport, but I'm not sure how one would properly go about that.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

We?ve had to have certified copies of our passports on several occasions and we did this at our bank. I should think any reputable organisation, maybe solicitors, doctor etc. (like when you get someone to certify your passport photos) could do it. They just take photocopies of the back page(or you could supply) and they stamp and sign them to show they?ve been certified.

Selchie, it sounds like your guy has put your passports to one side and forgotten about them.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

I sent him an email 2 days ago, but have heard nothing, so I just emailed a more urgent note. Grrr. You'd think the service would be a bit better for the money we paid. I wish we'd taken the time to figure out how to get the certified copies so we'd still have the originals in posession. Let this be a warning to the rest of you.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

moggy is offline God like figure

There is a list in the notes for applicants I am pretty sure on who can make notarised copies, I don't think doctors were on the list. But your solicitor can definitely do it for you. Most people I have heard, find that their solicitor doesn't charge. (usual disclaimer - check for yourself first)

k-k
    k-k is offline Junior Member

Jento

I'd get certified copies of your passports done and send them in, just to be on the safe side. I handed our ITA documents in at NZIS in London and said I needed the passports back. They photocopied them there and then and handed them back.
    All our other documents were not returned until after the interview which was 10 weeks from submitting the ITA. (it took exactly 8 weeks to hear that'd we'd got an interview!).
    We just sent off the passports and the migrant levy last week after receiving a letter saying we'd been approved in principle.

Hope this helps
    k-k

jento is offline Junior Member

Hi k-k
    thanks for that - very helpful info. where do you have to go in nz house - just ask at reception? Also - does agreement in principle turn into PR when you have paid the migrant levy?

I guess the fact that they have seen and verified your passports makes them certified then? this may be the easiest option for me!

Thanks again

moggy is offline God like figure

Even if you send certified copies, NZIS can request the original passports as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast