Thread: IPENZ assessment letter

prash1083 is offline Junior Member

Question IPENZ assessment letter

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post here.
    I have lodged my application for residence in March 2014 with 140 points. Had INZ telephonic interview on May 30 2014 and after 45 days from the Interview with my case officer, I received an email from her, requesting for a letter from IPENZ stating that I am eligible for CPEng registration with my qualifications (to claim bonus points for qualification and exp. in Area of Absolute Skill Shortage/LTSSL)
    Prior to the submission of my application, I have applied for IQA from NZQA for my qualifications and the outcomes are generic:
    1) Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) from Anna University, Chennai, India has been compared to a bachelor's degree at level 7 (480 Credits)
    2) Master of Engineering (Mechanical) from Lamar University, Texas, USA has been compared to a master's degree at level 9 (180 credits).
    I searched if both my B.E and M.E are Washington Accord recognized, but it turned out to be negative.

Now, can anyone (who went through or who is familiar with the same situation/process) please tell me what are my chances of obtaining a letter from IPENZ after step 1 of their assessment? If not what about step 2 of assessment? If you are aware, could you please give me a glimpse of how the IPENZ assessment process goes?
    I sincerely request all your inputs/advise on how to go about now.

Thanks in advance

Davids55 is offline Junior Member

Default ipenz ka 02 assessment

hi everyone,

this is my first post as well, and we r facing a similar prob as u - prash1083. we submitted our application in the end of march 2014 and had our interview in may. we thought we would get the visa by july but they came back and said we hv to get this letter from ipenz. my husband is the primary applicant and he also has a bachelors degree from madras university and a masters from the US (Cleveland State Univ). he got a level 7 and 9 respectively from nzqa but since we r claiming bonus points for long term skill shortage in aeronautical engg (which is his bachelors) they said this letter from ipenz is compulsory. we submitted for ka 01 and did not get it. i think it might be the same result for prash1083. now we hv to proceed with ka 02 which is much more expensive and also the form is quite complex and detailed.

dear sayhood, i saw ur post in which u said that u got the required letter after ka 02 assessment. can u pls share which discipline u were assessed for, and any other valuable tips or info abt this process? if it is a different branch from aeronautical then would it be possible to see the form which was submitted by u, just to get an idea of what they expect?? pls excuse me if i'm asking too much!

thanks a lot :-) i tried joining another forum like this and never got permission to post or do anything even after getting registered! this is so much better, thank u once again.

prash1083 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Davids55 View Post
    hi everyone,

this is my first post as well, and we r facing a similar prob as u - prash1083. we submitted our application in the end of march 2014 and had our interview in may. we thought we would get the visa by july but they came back and said we hv to get this letter from ipenz. my husband is the primary applicant and he also has a bachelors degree from madras university and a masters from the US (Cleveland State Univ). he got a level 7 and 9 respectively from nzqa but since we r claiming bonus points for long term skill shortage in aeronautical engg (which is his bachelors) they said this letter from ipenz is compulsory. we submitted for ka 01 and did not get it. i think it might be the same result for prash1083. now we hv to proceed with ka 02 which is much more expensive and also the form is quite complex and detailed.

dear sayhood, i saw ur post in which u said that u got the required letter after ka 02 assessment. can u pls share which discipline u were assessed for, and any other valuable tips or info abt this process? if it is a different branch from aeronautical then would it be possible to see the form which was submitted by u, just to get an idea of what they expect?? pls excuse me if i'm asking too much!

thanks a lot :-) i tried joining another forum like this and never got permission to post or do anything even after getting registered! this is so much better, thank u once again.
    Hi Davids55,
    Did you get to know anything about the KA 02 assessment process, filling up the form and any other documentation requirements? Kindly share the details if you have got any information.

Thanks & Regards,
    Prash

najib_77 is offline Junior Member

Angry IPENZ Knowledge assement K02

Dears,

In my ITA it is written that I have to get letter from IPENZ for CPeng. However, I contacted IPENZ and they are asking for Knowledge assessment. Anyways, I am recognized as Professional Engineer from Engineers AU on the basis of CDRs and other process. I am electrical engineer.
    I checked with IPENZ for issuance of letter on the basis of Engrs AU letter but they are not agree. My outcome from NZQA full assessment is generic. The process and requirement for KA02 are tough enough and time consuming. Some would suggest that what I should do? My ITA deadline will expire in June first week.

Please give yours valued suggestions to come out of it.

MOHAMEDSSALAMA is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Davids55 View Post
    hi everyone,

Hello David ,
    I am also required to fill KA02 forms , any luck with you?

test is offline Junior Member

Default ITA deadline

Hi All,

Need a quick help, our ITA will expire on 26 April 2917 and we are still in process of submission of docs to IPENZ for KA02 assessment, my CO says the deadline cannot be changed.

Also IPENZ will take 6-8weeks time to process our request.
    Is there any fast-track IPENZ process or any other way to appeal CO to extend the dates.

Quick response is highly appreciated.