Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Ita lapsed - ipenz ka02 knowledge assessment upgrading

  1. #1
    sayhood is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15

    Exclamation Ita lapsed - ipenz ka02 knowledge assessment upgrading

    Dear Members,

    Any inputs on this situation.

    Please review my SMC chronological outlines.

    breifly, my 1st ITA lapsed mainly because a major delay occured due to the upgrading of IPENZ knowledge assessment system KA02, in which i went through thoroughly to cliam points over the LTSS.

    do you think the INZ should make it up for me and similar cases by expediting the process time giving the fact this delay was happend beyond our control?

    shall I put a request and to whom should i address it?

    thanks

    please scroll down for literature:


    13-JAN-2012 PAR assessment outcome, Master degree level 8 on NZQF
    15-JAN-2012 1st EOI submitted 140 Points,
    25-JAN-2012 EOI selected,
    25-JAN-2012 PAR assessment outcome, Bachelor degree level 6 on NZQF
    24-FEB-2012 1st ITA received,
    29-FEB-2012 NZQA assessment, Master degree level 9 &
    Bachelor degree level 7 on IQA “Generic outcome no specific qualifications names”
    IPENZ certification letter is required for LTSS claimed points,
    March, April & May 012 IPENZ upgrading the knowledge assessment with new process!
    14-JUNE-2012 IPENZ initiated the (KA02) new knowledge assessment process-
    It took more than a 3 months’ time to be launched publicly.
    25-OCT-2012 1st ITA lapsed,
    16-NOV-2012 received IPENZ letter, successfully fulfilling the KA02 requirements, IPENZ professional membership and registration requirement as CPEng,
    15-NOV-2012 2nd EOI submitted 140 points,
    28-NOV-2012 2nd EOI selected,
    11-DEC.-2012 2nd ITA received,
    14-JAN-2013 ITA lodgement date, status "application received", INZ London branch,
    CO to be assigned in the next 5 to 6 months from the lodgement date,

  2. #2
    prash1083 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4

    Question IPENZ letter: Need advise

    Quote Originally Posted by sayhood View Post
    Dear Members,

    Any inputs on this situation.

    Please review my SMC chronological outlines.

    breifly, my 1st ITA lapsed mainly because a major delay occured due to the upgrading of IPENZ knowledge assessment system KA02, in which i went through thoroughly to cliam points over the LTSS.

    do you think the INZ should make it up for me and similar cases by expediting the process time giving the fact this delay was happend beyond our control?

    shall I put a request and to whom should i address it?

    thanks

    please scroll down for literature:


    13-JAN-2012 PAR assessment outcome, Master degree level 8 on NZQF
    15-JAN-2012 1st EOI submitted 140 Points,
    25-JAN-2012 EOI selected,
    25-JAN-2012 PAR assessment outcome, Bachelor degree level 6 on NZQF
    24-FEB-2012 1st ITA received,
    29-FEB-2012 NZQA assessment, Master degree level 9 &
    Bachelor degree level 7 on IQA “Generic outcome no specific qualifications names”
    IPENZ certification letter is required for LTSS claimed points,
    March, April & May 012 IPENZ upgrading the knowledge assessment with new process!
    14-JUNE-2012 IPENZ initiated the (KA02) new knowledge assessment process-
    It took more than a 3 months’ time to be launched publicly.
    25-OCT-2012 1st ITA lapsed,
    16-NOV-2012 received IPENZ letter, successfully fulfilling the KA02 requirements, IPENZ professional membership and registration requirement as CPEng,
    15-NOV-2012 2nd EOI submitted 140 points,
    28-NOV-2012 2nd EOI selected,
    11-DEC.-2012 2nd ITA received,
    14-JAN-2013 ITA lodgement date, status "application received", INZ London branch,
    CO to be assigned in the next 5 to 6 months from the lodgement date,
    Hello Sayhood,
    I am also in a similar situation like your situation was. So, I need some info. from you about IPENZ.
    I have applied for IQA from NZQA for my qualifications, and the outcomes are generic:
    1) Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) from Anna University, Chennai, India has been compared to a bachelor's degree at level 7 (480 Credits)
    2) Master of Engineering (Mechanical) from Lamar University, Texas, USA has been compared to a master's degree at level 9 (180 credits).

    Lodged application for residence in March 2014 with 140 points. Had INZ telephonic interview on May 30 2014 and after 45 days from the Interview with my case officer, I received an email from her, requesting for a letter from IPENZ stating that I am eligible for CPEng registration with my qualifications (to claim bonus points for qualification and exp. in Area of Absolute Skill Shortage/LTSSL)

    I searched if both my B.E and M.E are Washington Accord recognized, but it turned out to be negative.
    Now, can you please tell me what are my chances of obtaining a letter from IPENZ after step 1 of their assessment? If not how What about step 2 of assessment? If you are aware, could you please give me a glimpse of how the IPENZ assessment process goes? Also isn't it a li'l strange about the CO requesting the letter after the interview?
    I sincerely request your inputs/advise on how to go about now.

    Thanks in advance

  3. #3
    Davids55 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default ipenz ka 02 assessment

    Dear sayhood, I dont know of any place to appeal this matter that u went thru. Did u hv any agents to help u with the whole immigration process? Maybe they will know.

    It is great news that u successfully got the ipenz letter after ur ka 02 assessment! We didnt get ka 01 and r now working on ka 02. Seeing the form we felt it's an impossible task but good to know of those like u who hv done it. Can u pls share some valuable tips or info abt this process like, in what format do they expect the self-review document? How many projects or examples did u quote - just the 2 they asked for or more? And how long did u take to complete and submit everything? My husband has to do this for aeronautical engg. May I know which discipline u did it for?

    I hope u will get ur visa very soon this time. Wish u all the best!

    Quote Originally Posted by sayhood View Post
    Dear Members,

    Any inputs on this situation.

    Please review my SMC chronological outlines.

    breifly, my 1st ITA lapsed mainly because a major delay occured due to the upgrading of IPENZ knowledge assessment system KA02, in which i went through thoroughly to cliam points over the LTSS.

    do you think the INZ should make it up for me and similar cases by expediting the process time giving the fact this delay was happend beyond our control?

    shall I put a request and to whom should i address it?

    thanks

    please scroll down for literature:


    13-JAN-2012 PAR assessment outcome, Master degree level 8 on NZQF
    15-JAN-2012 1st EOI submitted 140 Points,
    25-JAN-2012 EOI selected,
    25-JAN-2012 PAR assessment outcome, Bachelor degree level 6 on NZQF
    24-FEB-2012 1st ITA received,
    29-FEB-2012 NZQA assessment, Master degree level 9 &
    Bachelor degree level 7 on IQA “Generic outcome no specific qualifications names”
    IPENZ certification letter is required for LTSS claimed points,
    March, April & May 012 IPENZ upgrading the knowledge assessment with new process!
    14-JUNE-2012 IPENZ initiated the (KA02) new knowledge assessment process-
    It took more than a 3 months’ time to be launched publicly.
    25-OCT-2012 1st ITA lapsed,
    16-NOV-2012 received IPENZ letter, successfully fulfilling the KA02 requirements, IPENZ professional membership and registration requirement as CPEng,
    15-NOV-2012 2nd EOI submitted 140 points,
    28-NOV-2012 2nd EOI selected,
    11-DEC.-2012 2nd ITA received,
    14-JAN-2013 ITA lodgement date, status "application received", INZ London branch,
    CO to be assigned in the next 5 to 6 months from the lodgement date,

  4. #4
    sayhood is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15

    Red face

    Hi David.
    I made it through. I am in nz now. Haven't got an agent...just worked my application by myself. I will get back to you with more info on sat.

    Regards

    Sayhood

    QUOTE=Davids55;72008]Dear sayhood, I dont know of any place to appeal this matter that u went thru. Did u hv any agents to help u with the whole immigration process? Maybe they will know.

    It is great news that u successfully got the ipenz letter after ur ka 02 assessment! We didnt get ka 01 and r now working on ka 02. Seeing the form we felt it's an impossible task but good to know of those like u who hv done it. Can u pls share some valuable tips or info abt this process like, in what format do they expect the self-review document? How many projects or examples did u quote - just the 2 they asked for or more? And how long did u take to complete and submit everything? My husband has to do this for aeronautical engg. May I know which discipline u did it for?

    I hope u will get ur visa very soon this time. Wish u all the best![/QUOTE]

  5. #5
    Davids55 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Congratulations sayhood

    Sorry I didnt c the yr properly and thought ur visa is still in process :-) Thank u for ur prompt reply. Look fwd to hearing from u!

  6. #6
    prash1083 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davids55 View Post
    Sorry I didnt c the yr properly and thought ur visa is still in process :-) Thank u for ur prompt reply. Look fwd to hearing from u!
    Hi Davids55,
    Did you get to know anything about the KA 02 assessment process, filling up the form and any other documentation requirements? Kindly share the details if you have got any information.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Prash

  7. #7
    sayhood is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Hi Guys,
    apologize haven't got the time to revert with more clarification before now.

    In breif, my kao2 application submitted with two project episodes:
    first one was my Msc research project I.e pure theoretical and research base approach kind of project with heaps of assumptions, analysis, mathematics and computer simulations. Evidences were appendix to ka02 appl.

    Second project episode was a real life project I.e. customer focus and finanical base orientation. Evidences were attached as well.

    In those two examples the required ka02 elements were fulfilled I.e cover the entire spectrum from research to reallife customer focus projects.

    Unfortunately I cannot show the doc submitted cause they are govern under confidentiality agreement.

    Wish you luck







    QUOTE=prash1083;72011]Hi Davids55,
    Did you get to know anything about the KA 02 assessment process, filling up the form and any other documentation requirements? Kindly share the details if you have got any information.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Prash[/QUOTE]

  8. #8
    Davids55 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default ipenz ka02 assessment

    Thanks sayhood,

    Just a couple more qs - is it necessary to submit one proj from our education? I know it is mentioned but is it compulsory? Bcos I don't think we hv that material now after so many years And also, can u tell me approx how many pages was ur final report?

    Our agents showed us a sample that someone did for Australian immigration. It's a similar requirement for an organization called Engineers Australia. But don't know how different it will be for NZ. That's y I'm trying to get as much information from u. I understand of course that sharing the document is impossible.

    Thank u for ur patience!

    Quote Originally Posted by sayhood View Post
    Hi Guys,
    apologize haven't got the time to revert with more clarification before now.

    In breif, my kao2 application submitted with two project episodes:
    first one was my Msc research project I.e pure theoretical and research base approach kind of project with heaps of assumptions, analysis, mathematics and computer simulations. Evidences were appendix to ka02 appl.

    Second project episode was a real life project I.e. customer focus and finanical base orientation. Evidences were attached as well.

    In those two examples the required ka02 elements were fulfilled I.e cover the entire spectrum from research to reallife customer focus projects.

    Unfortunately I cannot show the doc submitted cause they are govern under confidentiality agreement.

    Wish you luck







    QUOTE=prash1083;72011]Hi Davids55,
    Did you get to know anything about the KA 02 assessment process, filling up the form and any other documentation requirements? Kindly share the details if you have got any information.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Prash
    [/QUOTE]

  9. #9
    sayhood is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Hi. Educational project is not a must, the project or projects episode should cover as much as possible all or most the elements over the ka02 as far as I can reckon. The hint is all elements should be addressed. Pages no. Around 30. Plz note your ka02 will be sent to assessor.....in my case were phd lecturer in my field. Australian system is closer approach to the nz one. I used the same lead to write up my app.


    Quote Originally Posted by Davids55 View Post
    Thanks sayhood,

    Just a couple more qs - is it necessary to submit one proj from our education? I know it is mentioned but is it compulsory? Bcos I don't think we hv that material now after so many years And also, can u tell me approx how many pages was ur final report?

    Our agents showed us a sample that someone did for Australian immigration. It's a similar requirement for an organization called Engineers Australia. But don't know how different it will be for NZ. That's y I'm trying to get as much information from u. I understand of course that sharing the document is impossible.

    Thank u for ur patience!
    [/QUOTE]

  10. #10
    mohhanafy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default KA 02 Structure

    hi All,

    thanks for the information about the KA02 what i need is o confirm that the required is to write a minimum of two episode from your personal knowledge and the reflect it on the questions and the element ,what i mean, first i have to write the episodes and then take the parts related to the application questions and element and fill the application

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free Assessment
    By fugu1977 in forum Expression of Interest (EOI) Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
  2. Qualification Pre-assessment
    By hammed123 in forum Expression of Interest (EOI) Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-02-2009, 03:29 AM
  3. Full Assessment oR Pre-Assessment
    By digerian in forum Expression of Interest (EOI) Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 12:41 PM
  4. NZQA Pre Assessment
    By ricky_88 in forum Expression of Interest (EOI) Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30-01-2008, 01:45 AM
  5. NZQA, Pre Assessment
    By Lorraine in forum General NZ Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 11:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28