Thread: Please advise on: ITA granted but have decreased points after NZQA assesment

theng.mya is offline Junior Member

Default Please advise on: ITA granted but have decreased points after NZQA assesment

Hi! It is my first time here in the forum and would like to thank you all in advance for the cyber help that you've been providing for NZ aspirants just like me.
    Here's my dilemma
    My husband and I submitted our EOI last month of May, with claimed points of 140, was then automatically selected and invitation to apply for residence (ITA)was then received on the month of June. Though during the time we sumbitted our EOIour school was still in the list of NZQA but after receiving the ITA, then the changes comes out and our school was then omitted resulting to submitting our qualifications to be assessed by NZQA. NZQA assessed my husband qualification to be only level 6, whereby we claimed it level 7 at our EOI . With that, calculating manually decreased points, we only have 130 points in total.
    What do we have to do as our next step? Do we need to inform our officer about the changes? We really are so clueless and quite disappointed with the decreased points after the nzqa.. please kindly advise us.
    Thanks for the support. God bless.

andrewcsa is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by theng.mya View Post
    Hi! It is my first time here in the forum and would like to thank you all in advance for the cyber help that you've been providing for NZ aspirants just like me.
    Here's my dilemma
    My husband and I submitted our EOI last month of May, with claimed points of 140, was then automatically selected and invitation to apply for residence (ITA)was then received on the month of June. Though during the time we sumbitted our EOIour school was still in the list of NZQA but after receiving the ITA, then the changes comes out and our school was then omitted resulting to submitting our qualifications to be assessed by NZQA. NZQA assessed my husband qualification to be only level 6, whereby we claimed it level 7 at our EOI . With that, calculating manually decreased points, we only have 130 points in total.
    What do we have to do as our next step? Do we need to inform our officer about the changes? We really are so clueless and quite disappointed with the decreased points after the nzqa.. please kindly advise us.
    Thanks for the support. God bless.
    Hi Theng.Mya,

our situation is like yours or even worst.

we have submitted our EOI on 10th of may, our (my wife and I) school was there but when there was changes on 14th of May 2012 our was vanish, we received our ITA on 16th May. and now INZ ask both of us to do NZQA. I personally think INZ should honor our EOI despite what ever changes in the future onward. I will bring this up on this coming monday to INZ. do you have an update on your status?