Thread: Processing Time after Documents Submission (ITA) in Wellington Branch....?

luck007 is offline Junior Member

Default Processing Time after Documents Submission (ITA) in Wellington Branch....?

Hello,

Trust things are good and great at everyone's end.

Was wondering about the processing time for NZ Permanent Residency for Wellington Branch.

1. Had submitted EOI online which got approved (+140 points).
    2. ITA was sent by Immigration.
    3. All required documents submitted;
    And application status has been changed to "Application Received" on Immigration web portal.

Asked immigration and they turned up saying normal processing time for Wellington branch is 6-9 months in assigning under a case manager and then may take further depending on Case Manager..

Was wondering if it really takes that much time???

Is somebody whose Permanent Residency (PR) was processed in lesser time?

Sorry- This was under Skilled Migrant Category having 160 points (which shouldn't matter really)

Thanks,
    Lucky

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luck007 View Post

Was wondering about the processing time for NZ Permanent Residency for Wellington Branch.
    The approximate timings for Wellington Branch can be found here but all timings are subject to other influencies such as whether all documents are presented correctly, whether there are any health issues to overcome, how quickly items like proving work experience will take etc. which might sometimes delay things. I believe that, having 140+ points, your selection should be more or less automatic if everything else is OK. Having said that, I'm not sure how long fast tracking takes but it should certainly be quicker than someone who has less than 140 points, which can take quite a while i.e. months, to process. It can also depend on how busy the branch is. You haven't mentioned when you submitted your application so it's difficult to tell whether you have been waiting a longer time than normal. These things can often take quite a while to go through.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

luck007 is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks Motherbear.. Progress with application...

I submitted application on 15th (or 16th) May 12 and status was updated on 17/18th displaying "Status - Pending" |"Lodgement Date- 16/05/2012" | "Full Medical received- 17/05/2012".

One of my friends who applied 2.5 months ago and his applicatio status shown "Lodgement Date" after 2 months (and now looks exactly similar as my details). Once "Lodgement Date" was published, he got a mail/post with Case Officer name and details.

I was wondering that in my case "Lodgement Date" appeared on 16/05 and still there is no mail/post for Case Manager assignation.
    What does Lodgement Date really mean- is it that all documents are good to go in first instance (until case manager needs any other document..)

Will post here in case there is any update.

Thanks,