Thread: Wow that was fast

jpegan Guest

Default Wow that was fast

Less than a week after my EOI was accepted I got my ITA email and files! So my "day off" on Friday was spent getting things notarized and my fingerprints taken (I need 3 police clearances: Canada, Australia and US). Current plan is to get my medical done mid-May, since we'll have returned from holidays and I can then send off my passport.

London branch says 1-3 months for residence visa if all is submitted properly. Anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

The timescales for London branch applications are shown here. Seems like the timing can be affected by whether you have a job offer or not.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

chasingsun is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpegan View Post
    Less than a week after my EOI was accepted I got my ITA email and files! So my "day off" on Friday was spent getting things notarized and my fingerprints taken (I need 3 police clearances: Canada, Australia and US). Current plan is to get my medical done mid-May, since we'll have returned from holidays and I can then send off my passport.

London branch says 1-3 months for residence visa if all is submitted properly. Anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers!
    Good for you, I hope we get everything together soon, Still trying to get canadian passports done for my boys, I had to give up on thepictures as my son kept smiling......

jpegan Guest

Thanks folks!

As luck would have it I've come down with the flu and stayed home from work today, so when my credit union called to say my Aussie $ bank draft was ready, I waddled over. So all my police certificate requests are under way. I also contacted two previous employers that will need to document my having worked for them, as well as my current employer. Should be plenty of time to get those letters in order by a month's time.

Depending on how I feel tomorrow I might book in for my medicals in mid-May if possible. There's one doctor in Vancouver who does nothing but medicals for visas as his business--I'll go there.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you are doing a good job of getting your documents and information together. Hope your flu passes quickly. Just as well you aren't booked in for your medical this week otherwise the flu might cause a few little wobbles in your results.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.