Thread: Need input on Birth Certificate

chandra0310 is offline Junior Member

Default Need input on Birth Certificate

Dear All,

need a quick check on birth certificate being mandatory for ITA under skilled migration category.

I belong to India (state Uttar Pradesh), and I don't have any Birth Certificate with me, never got it and currently I am in NZ (auckland).

In such a scenario, how can I skip producing birth certificate. Will passport not serve the purpose of birth certificate.
    If this is so crucial, how can I get this for me.

Thanks

Chanda

People Space is offline Senior Member

A friend of mine from a different country had a similar problem, and had a certified copy done of the page where his birth was registered in the local record. Is there any document like this that you can submit as an equivalent to a birth certificate? If you explain that this is the nearest thing to a birth certificate, they should be understanding.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Do you have an identity card from India?

Birth certificate

You'll be asked to supply a full birth certificate when lodging an application for residence. By this we mean an original or certified copy of a full birth certificate or, if this is unobtainable, an original or certified copy of an identity card.
    We require proof of identity for every applicant, stating the applicant's name, their date and place of birth, and the names and occupations of their parents. If a full birth certificate if unobtainable, we require evidence of a dependent child's relationship to their parent(s).

A full birth certificate is considered to be obtainable even if there is a possible delay or expense in obtaining it. If a full birth certificate is unobtainable, the applicant may submit an original or certified copy of an identity card.

From here.

Failing this, do you have any family members in Uttar Pradesh who could apply for a birth certificate for you? That is assuming the birth was registered in the first place. If it's only a copy that can be obtained, it would need to be certified before INZ would accept it. I'm pretty certain INZ would insist on having either a birth certificate or the identity card they mention above. Whichever document you would present would need to be translated into English, if necessary.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks a lot buddy
    In india , we use PAN card and Password as proof of Identification.
    I do have PAN card with me. I hope this would work well for me

GayaDharma is offline Junior Member

Default Hi Chanda, You have the option to approch Indian Embassy at Auckland. You have to sub

Hi Chanda

You can approach the Indian Embassy at Auckland and submit your passport. I guess it takes 15days and they charge $45.
    If you haven't applied for PCC, you can apply for both PCC and Birth Certificate which you'll receive in 15days.

Regards
    Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by chandra0310 View Post
    Dear All,

need a quick check on birth certificate being mandatory for ITA under skilled migration category.

I belong to India (state Uttar Pradesh), and I don't have any Birth Certificate with me, never got it and currently I am in NZ (auckland).

In such a scenario, how can I skip producing birth certificate. Will passport not serve the purpose of birth certificate.
    If this is so crucial, how can I get this for me.

Thanks

Chanda

Quote Originally Posted by GayaDharma View Post
    Hi Chanda

You can approach the Indian Embassy at Auckland and submit your passport. I guess it takes 15days and they charge $45.
    If you haven't applied for PCC, you can apply for both PCC and Birth Certificate which you'll receive in 15days.

Regards
    Dharma
    someone told me that INZ dont accept birth certificates issued my indian embassy :(:(

GayaDharma is offline Junior Member

Oh Ok. So, if you have received an ITA already, is it possible to approach them and ask if they can accept this. I'm approaching a notary public in India to get the affidavit. He wants the school / college leaving certificate to issue this on a stamp paper. While i approached the delhi (dol NZ) office, they had sent me a document checklist, in which they have specifically mentioned that the school leaving certificate is acceptable in case of Indian citizen's not having a birth Certificates.

Also, can you pls tell me if you are assessing your qualifications in the Newzealand authorities

Regards
    Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by chandra0310 View Post
    someone told me that INZ dont accept birth certificates issued my indian embassy :(:(