Thread: Wait after interview ....... !

Romir is offline Junior Member

Default Wait after interview ....... !

Hi I am Romir, jus new to this blog.This is ma first posting. I am waiting for my NZ Residence visa interview results.My interview took place on 19 october 2011 at New Delhi branch and with 110 pts and no job offer i am not much hopeful.I am Phd in microbiology. Mailed to my VO.She said status will be updated by end of jan,2012.Hoping for the best.Can anyone help me with information on New Delhi Embassy's work speed and also on microbiologist's future in New Zealand ??

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I have attempted to reply on your first post.

Perhaps Googling the terms *microbiologist in New Zealand* will bring up some information for you as that would be a difficult question for anyone to answer unless they are also in that line of work.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks Mother Bear for your last reply ! At last our VO contacted us on 21st, March 2012 and told that my son's medical report is back from the Medical assesor in NZ. It took roughly 03 months. She wrote that very soon my SMC application status will be updated. What does that mean ?(still status update?) As told earlier our personal interview took place on 19th Oct, 2011 at New Delhi branch. We got 110 pts w/o job offer. I am Ph d in Microbiology.
    ITA filed on 5th April, 2010 at Delhi branch. Its almost 2 years. What u suggest?
    All the verifications etc must have been completed by now or else!
    Last time 0n 6th Feb 2012 she asked about my wife's cholesterol test reports which we had already submit on 14th Feb., 2012.
    No further enquiry came from her side afterwards.
    What u suggest? As suggested earlier by u I wrote numerous mails to NZ company employers. Only few answered back and are suggesting that first I should get my resident or work visa, I think me from an Asian country so they don't prefer any telephonic interview.
    I am bit sad now. My son's school is over and next admissions are due on 10th April 2012.MY younger son is of 2 .1/2 years now and is ready to go to preparatory school.
    Waiting eagerly for the decision on my SMC application

Also I need to know that in case I am issued WTR Visa , do I need to pay work visa fee along with Levy Fee as my WTR Visa is a result of Resident visa application filed under SMC scheme whose required visa fee was already submitted at the time of ITA.Please guide.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Regarding the 'status update', this is an online tool where INZ can notify you of how your application is progressing. I'm not sure if you need to do something to activate this or, if you applied online, it may appear automatically on the screen. I think this may be at the top of the screen either on the left or right hand side, unless INZ have changed this.

If you are contacting companies from outside NZ, it is often difficult to get them to commit to giving you an interview because they are never sure that the applicant will a) get his/her residency/work visa or may decide not to travel to NZ in the end. Employers seem to prefer a face-to-face interview so you would probably have a better chance of finding a job if you are in NZ. It might be an idea to make a note of the companies you have contacted and their contact details so you can approach them when you are in the country.

INZ will let you know what you need to pay and when you need to pay it. If you are granted a WTR visa instead of residency, I don't think you would pay the Migrant Levy, only for the work visa.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Greetings Mother Bear

Hi Mother Bear. Firstly thanx for all ur advice and suggestions till now.Presently I am waiting for my Big News.Last month on 22 april, 2012 my VO wrote that she had taken decision(AT LAST) which will be conveyed to me formally within 15 days....but till today no response from INZ.I enquired about the status yesterday. She replied that now she can't help as the application is moving on its own pace and she will get back to us after some time.What this means ??(She didn't explained about status of my SMC application)
    From this blog I came to know that "Review" is mandatory for every decision.Is this what happening to my application though VO didn't said so? Secondaly how much time it will take? Its almost 20 days now.
    Mam my upper limit regarding processing timeframe is going to end on 31st May 2012.Hope I get Blue Stickers by then.Is INZ takes more time than that.Is it normal for them?
    Please guide me.Now even patience is loosing patience.Its almost 3.4 years since I started my paper work at New Delhi Branch regarding my Resident Visa.
    Last edited by Romir; 17-05-2012 at 12:25 AM.