Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparing for ITA submission (Singapore)

whoam1 is offline Junior Member

Question Preparing for ITA submission (Singapore)

Hi All,
    Just received my ITA last week, not too sure on how to prepare for documents required for Work Experience Evidence.
    I am supposed to provide:
    Original or certified copies of work references.
    These must state your start and finish dates, what your position was, how many hours per week you worked, and the name and address of your employer.

But the problem is, I only have the employment offer letters on hand, there are no indication on the hours per week I worked, nor the detailed job description. Some of the companies I have work for already closed down, or all the colleagues I had worked with had leave the company, so there is no way for me to approach them for any letters to prove what I had stated in my EOI is correct. Is the employment offer letters enough?

Also, for English Language Evidence, since I graduate from a Australia University through distance learning, do I still need to submit other documents to proof language proficiency?

Thanks all in advance!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I assume you don't have a copy of any of your contracts with you or any other documentation like wage slips etc. that tie you to those companies? It is important to be able to prove you worked for at least some of the companies, thereby showing previous work experience but it does happen that companies close down after a period of time. If any of them are still operating but you don't have any documents from them, perhaps you could approach them for a letter confirming the dates you worked for them and whether it was full time, how much salary you were paid, job title etc. I doubt very much that the offer letters would be enough for INZ because having had job offers doesn't mean that you actually took up the offers and worked at those companies for a period of time to gain enough experience. INZ will need to get a bigger picture of your work experience in order to decide if it is sufficient. It is important to get as much information as possible from wherever you can get it. If some companies have closed and you don't have anything to show from your time with them, then let INZ know the details about the jobs that they need to know but also explain that there is no way you can get further documents from them. It's up to them then to decide if you have had enough experience going by what you have produced from other jobs.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Question

Thanks MotherBear, I have never though of people not taking up the jobs after signing the offer letters =), so I thought it will be enough, guess I didn't think enough.
    This is what the officer get back to me:
    You can submit any evidence that you have on hand (including taxes document) but if there's more document required, your case officer will inform you later.
    I will try to get an letter to confirm my employment for two of the companies and perhaps just submit the tax document for the rest of the companies. Hope this is enough.

Actually I was also quite confused as although I am staying in Singapore, the officer who liaised with me is from Bangkok office and I am supposed to submit the application to Shanghai. =.=" Wonder if this is normal? Because by right Singapore have a branch but ...

Best Regards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whoam1 View Post
    Actually I was also quite confused as although I am staying in Singapore, the officer who liaised with me is from Bangkok office and I am supposed to submit the application to Shanghai. =.=" Wonder if this is normal? Because by right Singapore have a branch but ...
    Perhaps the Singapore branch is very busy so they may have given some of their workload to branches in other parts of the world. I get the impression that they may be busy because of the comment at the bottom of the page on here.
    Mother Bear

keigo is offline Junior Member

Singapore branch no longer handle immgration process. All Singapore nz immgration will be handled by beijing or shanghai in your case.

Thanks Keigo and Motherbear.

Just went to the Medical checkup on SATA last week. Was quite disappointed as based on what I read from forum they should be more familiar with the process, but seem like everyone have different saying, and none of them willing to use the 'black pen' as stated on the form *give up*... hope all is good though.

Now waiting for my ex company to come up with the letter to proof that I had worked for them before, so at least I have one less tax document to prepare. =)

The due date is early May, hope I can prepared all and send over by end March though =)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keigo View Post
    Singapore branch no longer handle immgration process. All Singapore nz immgration will be handled by beijing or shanghai in your case.
    It looks like Singpore still handles applicatlons from certain countries.
    Mother Bear

Finally get most of the documents and went for the Notary service, it is much quicker than I imagine, and they give me a good price =)

More questions that need to be answered before I can send in my application (hopefully can do it by next week), hope someone can enlighten me on these:
    • From the checklist document sent to me, I am able to make the payment by direct bank transfer to the shanghai branch, however, on the form ITA document, there is no option to allow me to fill in bank transfer as payment detail, wonder if I can just pay through bank transfer and hand written down the details on the ITA document?
    • According to the tips for submitting ITA thread in the forum, there is no need to submit the X-ray plate, but it is valid only for UK or it is "applicable worldwide"?
    • I would like to submit some qualification documents which is of another industry that is not related with my current skilled migrant application, but proved that I had 3 weeks internship experience in New Zealand before (I had previously left it out since I thought it will not affect my points)
      Do I need to include them in the ITA document, section Amendments or New Information. or it is fine that I just state them under the cover letter along with my ITA submission?

Thanks all in advanced!

lucella75 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by whoam1 View Post
    Finally get most of the documents and went for the Notary service, it is much quicker than I imagine, and they give me a good price =)

More questions that need to be answered before I can send in my application (hopefully can do it by next week), hope someone can enlighten me on these:
    • From the checklist document sent to me, I am able to make the payment by direct bank transfer to the shanghai branch, however, on the form ITA document, there is no option to allow me to fill in bank transfer as payment detail, wonder if I can just pay through bank transfer and hand written down the details on the ITA document?
    • According to the tips for submitting ITA thread in the forum, there is no need to submit the X-ray plate, but it is valid only for UK or it is "applicable worldwide"?
    • I would like to submit some qualification documents which is of another industry that is not related with my current skilled migrant application, but proved that I had 3 weeks internship experience in New Zealand before (I had previously left it out since I thought it will not affect my points)
      Do I need to include them in the ITA document, section Amendments or New Information. or it is fine that I just state them under the cover letter along with my ITA submission?

Thanks all in advanced!
    hi, whoamI..

care to share where you got your Notary service?:) I'm also from Singapore and will be submitting my ITA by first week of May.
    we also had out medicals in SATA, i didn't really like the service. i needed to inform them to sign here and there and even my waist measurement was supposed to be in inches but they put cm. anyways, i needed to re-do my blood test due to elevated platelets. hope its nothing to be worried about. how about ur ITA? have you submitted all your docs?

regards,
    lucella

Hi lucella,
    I went to Andrew Eee & Company @ The Adelphi. You can contact them at 6338 9726. I like the service there :D
    I haven't sort out the payment part thus haven't submit the application. Target to settle it by end of coming week.
    My medi report says I have low red blood cell(though I can't figure it out why as on and off I do donate blood) but I decide to try my luck anyway. :P

Regards.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast