Thread: PPI received from Case Officer from LONDON Branch

digerian is offline Junior Member

Default PPI received from Case Officer from LONDON Branch

Greetings All

I had an interview with my CO on 25th Aug-2011. I have given her landline number of my relative because i don't have landline at my home. I requested my CO to call me at my mobile number. In short , i made a call to her from my mobile (communication barrier involved) and had an interview with her which lasts almost 1 hour and ten minutes. It went well and i was expecting direct PR from her but during interview there was discussion about future , i told her after settling in NZ , i will go for business (IT and Telecom Services to Home users and coporate sector) which i believe she took in Corporate Business ,in 9 months which is not a realistic figure ( it can be 8 to 9 years). Purpose of this answer is to fully emerged in NZ settlement and contribute myself with full swing . I know that i don't have funds to start business in other country in 9 months or a year not even have a background of business. My intention was that i would not be free or a burden on NZ economy. Even i will go for odd job in start to get into NZ culture.

I know , i have applied in skilled migrant category and have experience of IT / telecommunications more than ten years not in business category.
    Now my CO sent me an email today asking me

*** You have stated that you wish to start up your own business in New Zealand within 8 to 10 months, once you have settled there and made some good contacts.

Please guide me how to satisfy her in this regard.

My friends spent time to search accommodation for me and i have been in touch with them for job hunting market as well. I firmly sure that i can easily get a job there in month or two.
    I was thinking to resign from my current job in October .

I am worried because i have planned everything for NZ even start selling my things.

Your guidance would be highly appreciated.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Sorry, Digerian, I can't quite understand if you want to start your own business or if you just want to work for a company but your case officer thinks you want to start a company yourself. If you haven't got a job offer, that is possibly why you weren't given residency. Instead, you will have a Work to Residence visa which will allow you 9 months to find a job and work at it to satisfy the conditions of the visa and to prove you can settle and make a life for yourself in NZ.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.