Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mistake in my EOI

newkiw is offline Junior Member

Default Mistake in my EOI

Hello All,

I am from India. This is my first post to the forum and I believe someone here can definitely help me out with your suggestions.

I claimed points for my occupation in LTSSL and it falls under ICT - Systems Administrator. I recieved my ITA in February 2011. When I was looking for experience certificate or proof of skilled employment I realize that in my organization they designated me as Software Engineer which is however eligible as a LTSSL occupation. I cannot explain to my current employer all about immigration and ask for a certificate which would actually reflect my job description.

Can I make change in my ITA now since Software Engineer and Systems administrator both are accepted and falls under the same category in ICT. Will this change affect my further processing? How can I get rid of this problem smoothly? Is it a negative mark on my ITA?

Any advice on this is much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance guys...

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

Just let your case officer know, if the job is on the list then there should be no impact on your ITA. They will want your employment contract so they will find out soon enough about your new title, so best to be honest and upfront.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

right taffy.
    But my concern is I have around 5+years of experience as system admin and till date all the records in my organization reflect as software engineer. Hope the CO does not cut my experience.

One good thing is that all the 5+years I have the designation filed in my org. as software engineer.

Its a Multi national company domiciled in US and I hope the CO doesnt doubt on the validity of the documents I support and the work I do :(

In this case if I try to get a job description, it would contradict my designation....

Iam so confused at this point :(

Blog Entries

Sorry, I don't really understand what you're saying.

You have experience as a Sys Admin, but your job/offer is Software Engineer?
    You are claiming 5 years for Sys Admin experience, so how much experience do you have as an engineer? If you have less experience as a software engineer, but are claiming points for that job, then the experience must be related to the job. So, if your job is Software Engineer, you can only claim points for your experience as a Software Engineer.

So yes, if your experience is different, then it can affect your points.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Yes Taffy, all 5+ years I was a system Administrator. But my offer letter and all records in my organization shows software engineer.

can I tell this to my CO?

My concern is my job description and designation will contradict.

Blog Entries

Ok, if you are claiming points for that job, but the job title doesn't match what you are claiming for, then you must inform the case officer as they will request your contract and find out anyway. If you are NOT claiming points for ANY job, then the job offer is not important to your ITA as it is already being processed for your current points.
    Taffy

ok Taffy, I will put this to CO's notice.

In LTSSL both system admin and software engineer are listed under the same field so I hope it should not be a problem...

Let me check with CO and tell you what she says!!!

:(

I got a reply asking me to submit whatever I have and once the co is alloted for verification he would check and confirm me.

Blog Entries

Hope it is a good response for you!
    Taffy

Actually I wanted to confirm before submitting ITA. Why would I pay and later get to know that it is declined :(

confused as what to write back to my CO? or just send what I have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast