Thread: Important Advice required Please !!!

VUK
    VUK is offline Junior Member

Default Important Advice required Please !!!

Hi Everyone,

I received my ITA on 1st of January 2011 and I have to submit all my documents before end of April 2011 as we have 4 months after the date that we received the ITA. I am a Sri Lankan citizen who is working in UK and my PASSPORT is getting expired on 12/02/2012.

According to the Instructions given on the ITA, our passport should be valid for at least for 12 months when INZ get received in their branch.

However I have contacted Passport office to get renewed my passport,, so that they are going to issue me a new passport.

In this process Passport office will take 2 months to Process my New passport. if I wait for those 2 months, I won't be able to submit my all documents before April since the passport renewal process might be under process at that time.

Please be kind enough to provide some better advice or solution to over come this matter.

I would like to know if I submit my PASSPORT Certified copy to INZ under this current condition, the number of validity period would be maximum 9 months when they received it. Will this be a problem, if I could let them know that my PASSPORT is getting renewed and as soon as it comes i will submit it to INZ ?

Appreciate your valuable solution for this matter.

Thanks a lot

VUK

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

It would certainly be beneficial to have a new passport when your visa is granted because then you won't have the trouble and expense of transferring the visa from your old passport into the new one. It could be that you will need to send in details of your current passport so that your application can proceed, but also mention to INZ that you are applying for a new passport which may take some time to come through. They should advise you if there is any problem with this. I don't know of any alternative way of doing this as you can't give them what you don't yet have.

Isn't there a fast track system for renewing passports quickly in the UK? It would cost more, but might be worth it if you are worried about the matter. However, maybe this is only available to British citizens needing to renew their passports.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

VUK
    VUK is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks for your valuable info

Hi Motherbear,

Since London Sri Lankan high commission has to send my old passport to Sri Lanka for renewing, this will take around (8-10 weeks) as I enquired and there is no way to get renewed it quickly. As you said, I will send INZ(London) all my documents and passport details by explaining about the new passport.

In the meantime, I will try contacting London INZ to get more info before I submit.

Hope there won't be any issue with that,

Thanks for your valuable information and i will get back to you once I get an update on this.

Regards

VUK

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Good luck. I hope you can sort something out with INZ.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.