Thread: An advice is required.

goddy64 is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Default An advice is required.

This is the stand of the visa officer,

As it appears that you have provided false and misleading information in the course of applying for residence in New Zealand you do not meets character requirements for the approval of a residence visa (A5.25) unless a character waiver is granted (A5.25.1).
    If you wish, you may make comments or send additional information to further support your application.

This is due to wrong information the person that did verification got during the visit about the person that signed a reference letter. He signed as GM/CEO while actually he is GM not CEO.

The company is a registered company and does legitimate business, these was confirmed during the verification.

Comments and additional information has been sent to the VO.

It appears that all other submittions have been verified.

Is this not an internal matter of a company?

Can the above information deny employee of the said company visa based on character ground?

What comment or information what can make VO give character waiver?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

Your case officers concern will be that your verification letter from that person may have been falsified in order to give you a good reference. You will need to establish why CEO was placed on the letter when it was not the case, and be able to justify the error. If you cannot find reason or justify why this error was made, then your case officer must assume the letter is fake or the person who wrote the letter was lying. As they've said, providing false evidence in a visa application is a serious offense which means that your character is called in to question, making you ineligible for the visa.

If you are unable to sort this out, you may have to get in touch with an immigration lawyer or licensed immigration adviser who will know how to deal with your case. Once information like this is submitted to INZ, it can be very difficult to undo.

Sorry it's not better news!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Default Needs and advice

I have sent comments and further documents to my CO. what can make my CO give a character waiver in this instance.

Do they ever give character waiver?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Yes, character references are granted in certain circumstances. I believe these cases get referred to managers, so you just need to hope that the immigration branch manager is sympathetic to your case and that the fault lies with the person who gave the reference rather than you.

Good luck!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Default what can I do

I was giving 13th December 2010 to comment or send further documents regarding the character issue.
    In January 2011 I contacted my CO he told me that they are going to meet on my case but after that he told me that they need to do further verification on my documents.

Up till now I have not hard from him again and my original certificates are with NZIS, at the moment I can not use my certificate for any other thing until they are returned.

What could be next thing they would want to verified?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

There may have been a delay with the holiday period over Christmas and New year which could be holding things up. There could also be a delay if INZ have contacted someone for verification of some of your documents and they haven't replied yet. If you need your original documents back, ask INZ to return them because, usually, I think they photocopy them and return the originals. I don't think they need to keep originals once they have had sight of them.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

Default I need futher information

After looking at information and comment I sent on character issue to my VO replied 'thus'

I can confirm that I have received your E-mail yesterday and will prepare the character waiver accordingly.

Dose the above statement mean that I will be giving character waiver?

Blog Entries

Default Can you advice on what this response mean?

Please what do you think this kind of response from SMC team Manager means (Your application has been sent to a waiver assessment. I expect that your waiver will be completed as soon as possible).

Does this mean that I might be granted character waiver

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I guess it means what it says - that your application for a waiver is being assessed. It means there is hope but nothing is certain as the outcome depends on the result of the assessment.

Good luck!
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.