Thread: Onshore timeline

Henry-Stewart is offline Junior Member

Default Onshore timeline

Hey guys,
    I've been living in NZ now for nearly three years, first on a whv and then temporary work permits. Earlier this year I decided it was time to apply for residency as I had made Queenstown my home. Thankfully my EOI was selected in the first draw and I received an ITA within two weeks. Now I've actually got my ITA back into with immigration, I'm healthy, no criminal record and management job I've been in for over two years. However I am now checking the inz website everyday... I know it's a bit obsessive but I'm so nervous over my application. Does anyone know generally how long onshore applications with a job in place takes to get a decision?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi,

Which branch are you applying through? I believe Queenstown INZ only deals with temporary visas. If it's Christchurch then it says:

Once your residence application has been lodged with Immigration New Zealand (INZ) it will be given priority. It is likely to take up to six weeks for you to be allocated a case officer. Once allocated to a case officer the processing time of this type of application is between four to eight months, and sometimes longer, for a final decision to be made, however in the majority of cases a decision will be made within three months. Processing times depend to a large extent upon whether you have supplied your case officer with all the documentation requested in your ITA. Delays can occur if you do not provide all the information requested.

The branch you are dealing with can vary in its timing for processing applications depending on how busy it is etc. Timing can also depend on how many points you have (the more points, the quicker the process usually). It seems to have gone well so far if you already received your ITA and have submitted it. I don't think you need to worry about your application because you seem to have everything in place and are settled in a job there, but these things do take time. Some people have been dealt with very quickly whereas others have taken a few months, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Henry-Stewart is offline Junior Member

Thanks mother bear,
    You're right Queenstown does just deal with temporary work visas, so I'm dealing with Wellington. I had 135 points so hopefully it won't take too long! I can't help but freak out over my application, I'm an over-analyser! Oh well, should be an exciting few months. I'm sure those living, working and dating me will enjoy my heightened stress levels!
    H-S

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

For Wellington branch timings you can look here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.