Thread: Passport expiration and Spouse name change

jarhead1973 is offline Member

Default Passport expiration and Spouse name change

Hello Guys,

at last after the long wait we finally received our ITA. I just have some queries regarding the passport length of validity. We are planning to submit our ITA by monthend and passport will expire next year April which is 7 months from the date of ITA submission, would that be okay? Another thing is that my wife have not changed her name to carry my family name yet, do we need to change it before we submit our ITA?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

JARHEAD

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Just my thoughts but, if you have your PR put into your current passport which doesn't have much longer to run, you would have to pay to change over your PR into your new passport when you get it. I also believe that INZ may require that you still have a certain length of time left on your passport before they will put the blue stickers in there - 1 year, I think. Maybe, for simplicity, it would be better to look into renewing your passport sooner than later?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

jarhead1973 is offline Member

Default Thanks

Thanks motherbear.how about changing my wife's name to carry my last name.some of her certificates carry her maiden name without my family name as well as her passport, and the information i submitted to our eoi.

Will it not affect by any chance our application?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

It might be better if your wife changes her name in her passort for clarity alone. I'm not sure what this involves and it might be worth seeking advice on this from the Passport Office. Any changes that occur during your residency application can be notified to INZ who should make a note on your file. I would hope it wouldn't hold up your application, but it may be better to make the changes now rather than later when there are things like medicals and police certificates flying around with her married name on them. It could all get rather confusing. This kind of issue must arise from time to time with immigration, so I'm sure INZ will have some way of dealing with it. Maybe drop them a line to see if they can suggest the best way of getting around the matter.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.