Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By stuvex
  • 2 Post By Preciosa
  • 1 Post By MotherBear

Thread: PR,WorkPermit/Visa time lines

Preciosa is offline Junior Member

Default PR,WorkPermit/Visa time lines

Hi everyone,
    I will start the post by adding my timeline.

APPLICATION: Permanent Residence
    Place of Application: Auckland Henderson Branch
    EOI sent Jan 23/10
    EOI selected from pool Jan 27/10
    ITA received Mar/10
    ITA application lodged 17/6/10

ISSUES: Immigration Medicals referred to Medical Assessor for both my husband and myself due to high cholesterol (husband) and high alkaline phosphatase and gallstones (mine).
    CO requested new blood tests that we sent August 2(levels still the same), the request was hers, before the medicals were sent to MA.
    No news so far.
    EOI sent Jan 23/10
    ITA received Mar/10

Sorry forgot to mention that this post is intended for everyone to place the timeline of their current or finished application and a brief description, so we can compare times and issues, in order to get some peace of mind!
    EOI sent Jan 23/10
    ITA received Mar/10

ricky_88 is offline Junior Member

Default Approved in Principle

Ricky, I hope you don't mind that I have merged your application timeline into this thread as it is very relevant to the content and helps to keep all the timelines in one place. MB

Approved in Principle - Skilled Immigrant Category

I was approved in Principle for Residency in skilled immigrant category.

I wanted to post my application progress and timeline to give an idea to other members who might be in similar situation.

I applied without job offer and my application was processed in London Branch.

 21/ Sep/2009: I submitted my Expression of Interes with 120 points.

 24/Sep/2009: My EOI selected from the pool and it was selected for being 6 + years of experince as ICT professional.

 2/Nov/2009 : Received ITA package.

 2/Jan/2010 : ITA application lodged.

 2/ Feb/ 2010: I got an email requesting original documents to verify my Bachelors education and also work experience.

 3/Mar/2010 : Visa officer assigned.

 3/June/2010: Passport and English proof requested.

 19/Aug/2010 : I had the phone interview with the visa officer which was lasted for about 60 min. The officer was really nice and most of the questions are from the "Interview Questions" thread floating around in this forum.

 25/Aug/2010: Onlie status changed to Approved.

 26/Aug/2010 : I got an email from Visa officer saying that I am "Approved in Principle" pending the payment of migrant levy fee.

 1/Sep/2010: Received passport with Blue stickers.

This form is so helpful and thank you so much to everyone who have posted their questions and all those people who have posted their answers.

If anyone has any questions regarding my case then please let me know.

All the best for all whose applications are still in process.

Regards,

Ricky

ziguanax is offline Junior Member

Default Visa officer

Do you mean the Visa officer is the Case officer ?

stuvex is offline Junior Member

Default Temporary residence approval!

Well it has been a long trip but 2 weeks ago (on a saturday!) we had our status changed online to approved and that week received our letter of approval in principal.
    I have sent off the passports and migrant levy to Chch branch and just to add to what has been a long and somewhat painful experience they have had a terrible earthquake and have not been allowed back to the building until I think this morning.

Just to let everyone know what we have been through -
    15/10/09 EOI submitted (175 points skilled migrant, partnership, been living/working in NZ for 5 years)
    16/10/09 EOI picked
    15/01/10 ITA received
    25/01/10 Paperwork submitted
    22/03/10 Processing officer assigned (took 2 months and only after I eventually called them did they assign someone)
    30/03/10 Emailed processing officer re work visa expiring in 2 months and whether I should send to local branch or to Chch branch as they still had all my paperwork, passports, degree etc.
    05/04/10 On 2 month vacation to Europe - receive brash email from processing officer stating that she cannot help with work visa (which I did not ask for) and that there is now confusion because my actual work visa job title and the residence application title are -slightly- different.
    25/04/10 3rd party for INZ contact my boss and interrogate him by phone for 20 minutes re the application and who 'really' filled in the forms. Thankfully we were 100% honest and did everything right.
    26/04/10 Email from INZ stating that my qualification will need to be assessed despite being on the exemptions list.
    21/06/10 Email from INZ - we have been assigned a case officer - she will be in touch once she has reviewed our application.
    21/07/10 Having heard nothing from case officer, email her and get request for original paperwork that we had already sent to INZ, they took copies of and sent back to us. No mention of having to get qualification assessed. Send paperwork same day.
    25/08/10 10am Hear nothing about whether paperwork was received email again get statement that the paperwork was received and that they are due to make a decision soon.
    1pm Get email confirmation that we have been approved.

It took 10 months start to finish and we had several other bumps that I cannot mention... But it was all worth it!
    Unless our passports have disappeared down the fault line - then we can never leave
    optimistic likes this.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Congratulations, Stuvex! It must be a great feeling to be within reach of your goal at last. I hope you don't mind, but I've merged your post into an existing thread which shows examples of application process timelines as yours shows some great information. Many thanks!
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ricky_88 is offline Junior Member

Sorry for the delay, NP MB, i think it's a good idea to have one thread for timelines,
    ziguanax :yes, visa officer is the case officer.

Default Update to my timeline

Just an update to my timeline:

September 10 Verification officer asked for more documents
    September 15 CO asked me for more blood tests the medical assesor had requested.
    September 21 blood test results sent to CO
    September 27 Documents sent to VO
    October 6 CO requested more evidence regarding relationship
    October 9 evidence sent to CO

No other news after that...
    EOI sent Jan 23/10
    ITA received Mar/10

Default Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it seemed it would never happen but it did! We received an email informing us to check our online status because it had been updated, and when i opened the Imm. web page there it was... residence Approved!!!

So my complete time line now:
    APPLICATION: Permanent Residence
    Place of Application: Auckland Henderson Branch
    EOI sent Jan 23/10
    ITA received Mar/10
    September 10 Verification officer asked for more documents
    September 15 CO asked me for more blood tests the medical assesor had requested.
    September 21 blood test results sent to CO
    September 27 Documents sent to VO
    October 6 CO requested more evidence regarding relationship
    October 9 evidence sent to CO

November 10 Residence Approved

To everyone out there in the middle of the process do not get desperate, there is light at the end of the tunel! Although it may seem at times that it will never end, it does, and this comes from someone who had to go through lots of bumps and countless stress.
    Thank you all for your support and answers to my questions, especially to Mother Bear who is always there at the other end willing to help.
    Preciosa
    vicks and optimistic like this.
    EOI sent Jan 23/10
    ITA received Mar/10

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Congratulations! It's taken a good few months, but you got a great result in the end. I hope your new life in NZ continues to go well for you and now you can settle down to enjoy it knowing you can stay permanently.
    vicks likes this.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.