Thread: Hi to all

Expie is offline Junior Member

Default Hi to all

Hi everybody,

my partner and i finally decided to apply for residency. We are applying under the skilled migration catagory for my partner and i go defacto on his application.
    We also decided to get an immigration lawyer. We put our EOI in and got choosen from the pool . Now we are getting all our documents together and hopefully by the end of this month (august) we will put our final application in.
    Does anybody know how long it could take to get an answer from immigration.
    The waiting game is the hardest for us. This is either our ticket in to this lovely country or we are going to leave for good. So we really want this to finally build ourselves a nice live here.
    Anybody who has same experiences???

Thanks so much for listing.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Expie, welcome.

How long a residency application under the SMC can take depends on several factors e.g. the number of points the applicant has (usually, the more points the quicker it goes, especially if it's over 140), whether there is a job offer involved, how busy the INZ branch is that you are dealing with, whether any problems or queries arise during the process etc. Generally, it can take anything from a couple of months (in exceptional cases) to a year. Making sure all your documents and evidences are in order is a good way of keeping things on track.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Expie is offline Junior Member

thank you, mother bear!
    still getting everything together, waiting on a police certificate from the UK. It takes forever, you would think that it would be easy to get things from your country of residence!:)
    We'll keep everyone updated what is happening!

thanks again!