Thread: ITA what?!

Canuck is offline Junior Member

Default ITA what?!

Do I need this for teaching? I don't think so, I haven't come across this yet on the teacher sites based in NZ .. I understand I need a work permit when I get a job offer (hopefully I'll get one!) so this is connected directly with the EOI? Am so confused as I see this ITA everywhere and don't really understand it..

Jof
    Jof is offline Member

Have you been to the Immigration New Zealand website yet? That is the main source of official information on all the different application procedures.

Applying for permanent residency (PR) is a two stage process.

Stage 1. Send an Expression Of Interest (EOI). Then wait to see if you are selected from the pool. When you are selected, Immigration New Zealand (INZ) send you an Invitation to Apply (ITA).

Stage 2. Send your response to the ITA. This is your main application. It basically contains all the things you collected for your EOI plus supporting documentation.

Lots of people talk about their application as their ITA. Strictly speaking INZ send you the ITA you respond with your application.

Hope that helps.

Jof

Jof
    Jof is offline Member

I should add that if you are going for a temporary work visa or permit or a Working Holiday Visa (WHV) or any of the other possibile visas or permits the process is different.

I don't know as much about those though because I applied for PR.

Jof

Canuck is offline Junior Member

Thanks Jof.. Yes, I would be doing the work permit thing I believe as I'm doing the teaching process with the TCO forms and whatnot. I just don't have a lot of people to talk to about it, so hearing about some other thing freaked me out a little bit! Hah! I haven't had to deal with INZ yet, but I will eventually if all goes well. Glad to see there are people there wanting to help! THANKS!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Don't know if this will be of any help in explaining the PR process.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.