Thread: Aside from Bangkok, Is it only Shanghai and Beijing accepting applications from SG?

jarhead1973 is offline Member

Default Aside from Bangkok, Is it only Shanghai and Beijing accepting applications from SG?

Hello Guys,

As there was a commotion happening down there in Bangkok and th NZ Commission was affected, do we have any other options where to submit our ITA aside from Shanghai and BEijing?

Normally, what are the timelines now? I suppose it has changed and stretched dramatically. Waiting will be longer, wont it?

Thank You!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I was in INZ in Hamilton (North Island) a few days ago and asked about the safety of submitting an application to Bangkok with all the unrest there. The girl didn't seem bothered about it although it seems there have been problems and just said 'You have to submit where it tells you to'.

What INZ say is that all applications will be processed strictly in date order wherever they are in the world, so I would be very annoyed if people in other countries were to jump the queue just because our applications were being held up in Bangkok due to problems there. If there really is a problem, I would hope Bangkok would send applications to another safer country. I haven't submitted yet as I have some medical issues to overcome first. My husband works in the Middle East and it doesn't look like we have the option to submit anywhere else other than Bangkok.

Here is the link for INZ Bangkok and you can use the links on the left hand side to gather information like processing times.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

jarhead1973 is offline Member

thanks Mother Bear!!

pamela88 is offline Junior Member

Hi, I don't recall you had a choice of processing center. They just send you a letter informing you where your application will be processed. There wasn't a multiple choice question, like you could choose center A or center B. That was what happened to mine anyway.
    All the best in your application!

manny is offline Junior Member

Hi,

can i check if our ITA offer is made from Bangkok, does it means that our ITA will be processed in Bangkok and our case officer will be from Bangkok too?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Where did you submit your EOI to or was it done online? Usually, your application will go to the appropriate branch/country for the country you are currently living in. If you move conutries during the time your application is being processed, it's often the case that your file will be relocated to the branch dealing with your new country. I think this is the only reason for changing branches. Therefore, if your application has gone to Bangkok, I assume your case officer will be from there, too. If your application was made online, I would think INZ should tell you which branch you are dealing with.
    Mother Bear

manny is offline Junior Member

Hi Motherbear,

Thanks for your reply :) always much appreciated!

My husband and I are from Singapore and we submitted our EOI online.

So i think its Bangkok for us !!! Hope all will go well!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    My husband and I are from Singapore and we submitted our EOI online.

So i think its Bangkok for us !!! Hope all will go well!
    Not necessarily. If you are from Singapore, your application could be dealt with there unless you are currently in another country (I can't remember).

The Singapore branch of Immigration New Zealand is located in the heart of Orchard Road, at Ngee Ann City Tower A.

We are responsible for receiving residence visa applications and temporary entry visa applications for Afghanistan, Brunei, Malaysia, Maldives, Seychelles, and Singapore.

From here.

If you applied online, you should get contact from INZ to let you know where your application is being processed. That should answer your query for sure .
    Mother Bear