Thread: The best answer that will make CO satisfied

Ahmad is offline Junior Member

Default The best answer that will make CO satisfied

Hello everyone

please help me ,If the CO ask me the following questions:-

1- What will you do if you don't get a job as quickly as you would have hoped?
    2- What will you do if you can't find a job in your field?

What is the best answer that will make CO satisfied in taking the decision to approve?

Thanks

fastidea1 is offline Member

haee mate.......be honest.....

i don't think anyone could answer that, please analyze your situation and respond accordingly.

these questions are there for a purpose , so that you don't live in hardship , once you get residency here...... pls be aware job scenario is tough here , its better you prepare yourself well and be financially sound......just a advice.......good luck

Jof
    Jof is offline Member

Got to agree with the previous poster. You are almost certainly going to be asked those questions or similar ones and the best preparation is to have thought it through yourself.

The danger of using a suggested answer from someone else is that the CO might then ask you to expand on your answer and you'll be stuck if you didn't work out the details yourself.

To be honest the immigration service isn't there to catch you out or trip you up. They just want to make sure that you know what you're doing and that you don't just end up coming over, getting disillusioned and leaving again. That doesn't help anyone.

Don't worry too much about the interview - the best approach is to think through the questions in advance and give honest answers. When you're invited for your interview you'll receive a letter that tells you what they are going to be interested in talking to you about.

Good Luck!

Jof

Ahmad is offline Junior Member

Thanks for all fastidea1 and Jof
    you are right but your answer didn't match my questions , your answer is what i want to know , I didn't mean what is the right answer for CO questions because This is not a subject exam in school

what I mean is ( in other words)

What is your advice if I don't get a job as quickly as I would have hoped? and if can't find a job in my field?
    then..................... when the CO will be satisfied to give me the visa?

thanks for your advice in advance

Jof
    Jof is offline Member

Oh OK - I'll have another bash at it then.

As far as I can see if you're trying to do something (like get a job, bake a cake, whatever) and it isn't working then you really have three options.

1. Keep doing what you're doing and hope it works out.
    2. Give up and do something else.
    3. Try to find some other way of doing what you're doing.

You could reasonably answer the question any of these ways but if you go for option one you'd have to demonstrate that you had enough funds to keep going. If you go for option two you'd have to demonstrate that you would definitely leave and not become a drain on the economy. If you go for option three then the alternatives have to be reasonable and believable.

One and two are fairly obvious. Number three is more interesting but there isn't such a thing as a right answer.

We don't really know what conclusions any individual CO is going to make based on any particular answer, but they are basically interested in getting skilled people who have a clue what they are doing and are likely to contribute quickly to the NZ economy. Our problem as potential immigrants is explaining why, if we are so brilliant, we haven't already got a job offer!

I guess my best suggestion is that you don't answer anything with "I don't know". That's the worst answer!!

Just my opinion.

Good Luck,

Jof

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

This depends on your job field and skill level, but the most likely solution to this problem is that you would search for a job that is under your skill level and work back up to where you are now. This will not only expand your chance of getting a job, but also shows that you are willing to do whatever it takes to get work and settle.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.