Thread: Am looking for and answer

goddy64 is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Default Am looking for and answer

I am an Electrician, my qualifications and experience have been assessed by Electrical Workers Registration Board of New Zealand and I was informed that I am qualified to be registered as electrician after sucessful complition of Part 3 practical course work. Before that is done I am qualified to apply for provisional License after I have meet some employment conditions.
    Does any one have information on any establishment that employ people with provisional license in New zealand.
    This job offer is what I need to be able to apply for work visa.

New Zealand Shores is offline Junior Member

Hi Goddy64

The trades sector in New Zealand is starting to pick up as we see an increase in residential development. As you are only eligible for a provisonal licence at this stage, providing you find skilled employment and complete the required safety traning course, any employer must have the capability to supervise you. Therefore, you are probably best to look at firms with more than a handful of employees so that time and staff are made available to supervise you.

If you meet the requirements, you may be able to apply for residence under the skilled migrant category right now. There is a special provision for Electricians who have been assessed by the Electricial Workers Registration Board as eligible for provisional registration. If your application meets all other requirements then immigration will grant you a 9 month open work visa to allow you to come to New Zealand and find skilled employment as an Electrician. Once you have done so, immigration will grant you with permanent residence under the skilled migrant category. Unfortunately this is not detailed in policy anywhere, but is common practise for Electricians who are eligible to submit an EOI but who are technically not eligible to be granted residence (without a job offer).

All the best

Sarah
    Last edited by New Zealand Shores; 25-02-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Sarah Coombes
    Licensed Immigration Adviser
    IAA 200900703

Blog Entries

Default Can I apply for visa

Thank you for you for the information, Can I go ahead and apply for residence visa under the skilled migrant category as electrician, since EWRB NZ have assessed my qualifications and experience?

I have all other immigration requirements.

Regards,
    Goddy64

Hi Goddy64

Of course without sighting the facts of your case I cannot guarantee anything however; yes, if you meet all other requirements of policy and you have provisonal registration from the Electrical Workers Registration Board then you can be granted the 9 month open work permit under the skilled migrant category.

All the best

Sarah

Sarah Coombes
    IAA 200900703

Blog Entries

Default Thank you for your helpfull informations

I have done self EOI assessment, I did not make the minimum 100 point score, Due to the fact that I do not have job offer or New zealand work experience as an electrician.

Under which visa category can i apply for residence, since I have been assessed by EWRB?

Should I fill the online EOI

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
    Goddy64.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

Without knowing the full facts of your case, Sarah would be unable to advise you further without a formal eligibility assessment.

Generally speaking though, if you score under 100 points then your EOI wont be accepted as the minimum level is 100 points. However, I don't know of the process Sarah mentions, so couldn't comment on that!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Default Here are some of the fact I have.

This is my EWRB Ref#114599, I can also send to you a copy of the approval.

I have done my Medical and X-ray test, done by NZ immigration credited Doctor/Radiographer.

I have done Police clearance

I have my Bank statement in my name ready

Confirmation of round trip air ticket will be ready when I know the type of visa to apply for.

I have over 20 years work experience as Electrician

I have Full Technological Certificate in Electrical Engineering Technician, from City and Guilds london.

I am working write now as an Electrical Supervisor.

My problem now is that I do not have a job offer from a NZ employer.

I can not secure job from outside NZ, with provisional license approval.

I am not living in NZ and I don't have work permit.

Which category of visa can I apply with reference to all the above informations?

Regards
    Goddy64

Hi Goddy

As Taffy has explained I am unable to answer case specific questions without completing a formal assessment of your situation. I would be breaching the Immigration Advisors Code of Conduct by doing so. I hope you understand.

Anyone with 100 points is eligible to submit an EOI. Unfortunately your medical has an expiry of 3 months so if you do not submit an application to immigration within this time, you will have to re-do your medical. An Expression of Interest (EOI) is not considered an application, you have to be invited to apply (ITA'd) before you can submit an application under the skilled migrant category. Police certificates have an expiry of 6 months.

All the best

Sarah

Sarah Coombes
    IAA 200900703

Blog Entries

Default Futher information.

I have checked points indicator again, I think I can score above 100 but not up to 140, because I don't have job offer or New zealand work experience as an electrician. can i still be issued with residence? how long will it take to get the EOI final result if I register now?

regards
    goddy