Thread: Hey :D

Maj1988 is offline Junior Member

Default Hey :D

Hi Guys Im New Here. Im Looking Into Getting A Working Visa And Flying Off To New Zealand :D, But Every Site I Go To, I Can Never Get A Complete List Of What I Need And What I Have To Do Etc Can Anyone Here Help?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Maj and welcome.

First of all, perhaps you could tell us a little about yourself i.e. whether you are working and what your job is, what qualifications you have etc. All this is important when deciding which visa to apply for as there are several to choose from and which one you can apply for depends on which job skills you have and which quals.

I don't know if reading through this will answer some of your questions.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

I'm just gonna get a normal working visa so i can earn cash while im out there. i have read in places they need x-rays, and you cant go out there till you have sorted all your debt here. you cant even go if you have a mobile phone contract running! im so confused haha :D im currently unemployed which is why i think its an idea time to go as i have nothing here to keep me :D

Blog Entries

If you just want a work visa, then the link I posted above should tell you how to go about it. You do need to get a skilled job offer first to be able to apply for a work visa. As far as I know, at the moment work visas are only being issued for one year only. If you are applying for a visa that is longer than 6 months, depending which country you are from, you would need to have an X-ray.

Temporary entry visa/permit applications
    Temporary entry includes work, student, visitorís, working holiday, and limited purpose visa/permit applications.
    Whether you need to provide a medical certificate depends on how long you intend to stay in New Zealand. If you are already in New Zealand, this includes time you have already spent here.
    If you intend to be in New Zealand for less than six months, you are not required to submit a medical certificate with your application.
    If you intend to stay in New Zealand for more than 12 months, you must complete a Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate. Children under 11 years of age and pregnant women are not required to have an X-ray, unless a special report is needed.
    If you intend to be in New Zealand for more than six months but not longer than 12 months, you may need to provide a Temporary Entry X-ray Certificate. Whether you need to provide this certificate depends on whether you are from a place that is not on the list here, or you have visited a place that is not on the list.
    Mother Bear

does if have to be skilled cant i just go out and get a random job on a farm while i travel around NZ for the year?

work in a bar for a month till i move to next city or something?

cani is offline Junior Member

How old are you? You might qualify for a Working Holiday Visa.

yer thats what i want, im 21 :D with no kids so the dependable childen thing is cool

Blog Entries

It depends what country you are from as to whether you can apply for a WHV. This tells you about applying online and this gives you some background information. I think the WHV is the only visa where you can do casual work that doesn't need to be skilled if you are applying as the principal applicant, so it's a good option if you only want to be in NZ temporarily.
    Mother Bear