Thread: Three Days and Counting

YoungKiwi is offline Junior Member

Smile Three Days and Counting

I am very excited to join the forum here, since in three days I will be "re-birthed" as a new Kiwi!I will be a young and green Kiwi, but I am so excited and proud to be emigrating and starting a new life in New Zealand.

My husband and I have been considering a move to NZ for four years now and he has worked diligantly to secure our permanent residency. It has been a long process and we have been anxiously anticipating our move for a very long time now. It seems a bit surreal that it is really happening.

We are moving from Alaska, USA and are hoping to settle on the south island where my husband would like to work with the DOC. I am not sure what my plans will be, as of yet, but I would love to work with the rural EMS volunteers or perhaps eventually go to nursing school - depending on our location -

We are just so excited and thrilled to be starting our lives fresh with such a hopeful future in NZ. My husband of seven years just turned 30 and I am 26. We are really looking forward to all the wonderful outdoor tramping adventures that await us!

Having never been to NZ, we are in for a real treat and cannot wait! We are meeting up with some friends in Napier where we will stay for a few weeks to establish ourselves and get some "wheels" to travel around in.

I have so much to share in introducing myself, but I guess that's a good start. Hope to get to know you all better, and I'm so glad to have a nice forum to chat and share information!

cani is offline Junior Member

Welcome and good fortune for your continued journey. All the best to you and yours, Kristina

YoungKiwi is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks

Thanks, Kristina! We are getting to that "spastic" excited mode with only two days left before we fly!!! Such a crazy feeling.....Can't wait!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Good luck in your new life Youngkiwi. Hope it all goes well for you. Keep in touch.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

1happywoman is offline Senior Member
    Kawakawa, NZ, formerly Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Blog Entries

Good luck on your journey! This is a great place to be. I think New Zealand is the best kept secret in the world.
    Arrived in Auckland on August 6, 2008.Now live in Kawakawa with my kiwi partner.
    I just started working at Bay of Islands Hospital at the beginning of December 2009.
    Work permit renewed and good until June 2010
    EOI submitted and selected, case manager assigned and ITA received. PR application submitted 28/08/09
    approved in principle 26/01/10, PR granted and received 19/03/10