Thread: Hello from Austin, TX!

Tymberlynn is offline Junior Member

Talking Hello from Austin, TX!

Hello,
    My name is Tymber and my husband and I live in Austin TX. I was a member of this site for a few years a while back, and have no re-joined.

We had hoped to be living in NZ by this time, but job opportunities over here kept us stateside, although it did take us from Kansas to Texas.

Well now my husbands job is offering a chance for its employees to keep their jobs but live wherever we want to be, and once again we are thinking of moving to NZ.

We still have no idea where in NZ we want to be, although we are looking mostly in Wellington, Auckland, and Christchurch area. We are both in our mid 20's and enjoy a very active lifestyle of Triathlon and run half marathons, so being in an active area is very important to us.

I look foward to using this site as an information tool while we are once again considering out move!!

Thanks for reading, I look forward to talking with you all!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Welcome back to MTNZ Tymber. What an unusual name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymberlynn View Post
    Well now my husbands job is offering a chance for its employees to keep their jobs but live wherever we want to be, and once again we are thinking of moving to NZ.
    What a great concept to have the freedom to work wherever you wish, although this brings us back to the question about whether INZ will be happy to accept this situation as the intention is to employ your skills inside the country rather than export them overseas. Some people seemed to think this was OK, but others weren't so sure. It would be good to hear from some who are already in this situation and can comment on this.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

People Space is offline Senior Member

Working wherever you like is a great concept! He is very lucky to be in an industry where this will work for you, and to have such an open minded employer.

Triathlon and multisports are popular and growing here. Have a look at some of these links for events:
    Triathlon | Endurance Sport New Zealand
    Event Calendar
    Triathlon New Zealand (Tri NZ) Events
    IRONMAN NEW ZEALAND | Home
    NZ Multisport & Triathlon Centre - Triathlon , Ironman , Multi sport coaches and coaching service . Christchurch.

Doing these events is another excuse to visit different parts of the country!

Tymberlynn is offline Junior Member

Thank you both for you kind words.
    Yes we are very lucky that my husbands employer is so open minded. I will be coming over on a Student Visa, we are still not sure what he would be coming over on, but we are considering a working-holiday visa and having him do some part time contract work.

Thank you for the wonderful links for the mutli sport sites! We knew Triathlon was becoming much bigger over in NZ and its one of the many reasons we decided to look into moving again!!