Thread: Hi, a clinical research professional from india

drsandhya is offline Junior Member

Question Hi, a clinical research professional from india

hello everyone,
    This is sandhya nair, aspiring to relocate to NZ as a clinical research professional. am a bit confused as I do not have a job offer. thinking of filing the EOI but it makes only 125 pts without the job offer.
    please help with your valuable suggestions.
    Thanks a ton

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Welcome!

You only need a minimum of 100 points to be able to apply so you should be OK. If, at some point, you manage to get a job offer, your points will go up and your application may be processed a bit quicker. Just make sure to let INZ know if you do get a job offer so they can update your file.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks a ton mother bear, but the glitch here is would a NZ CRO offer job to a CR professional from India. really have no clue where to look for one.
    any help would be gratefully welcome!

Blog Entries

I really wouldn't like to make a guess about whether you could be offered a job in NZ because of the current shortage of jobs rather than which country you come from. I guess it's the same in a lot of other countries, too. All you can do is to try applying for any likely jobs you find. If you go to the Making the Move forum, click on the NZ Website List which is a sticky at the top, select Job Related and you will find a list of job agents' websites. SEEK is a good one to try but maybe you would need one that is geared more to medical matters?

You could look on sites like this or this.
    Mother Bear

Unhappy should I submit without a job offer?

Thanks a ton mother bear for that help on finding a job.

I was wondering whether I should go ahead and submit the EOI (just filled online yet) without that job offer while I continue to look out for a job. another problem was my husbands passport is in the process of being renewed and those of my children under process. will the form be incomplete without providing the passport details as id or can I do that parallel to the EOI being considered?

Need some help please

Marmite is offline Junior Member

Default Please allow me to join in

Quote Originally Posted by drsandhya View Post
    Thanks a ton mother bear for that help on finding a job.

1. I was wondering whether I should go ahead and submit the EOI (just filled online yet) without that job offer while I continue to look out for a job.

2. another problem was my husbands passport is in the process of being renewed and those of my children under process. will the form be incomplete without providing the passport details as id or can I do that parallel to the EOI being considered?

Need some help please
    Hi Dr. Sandhya,

To your Q 1. I think you should go ahead with it for the time being because it is quite a time consuming process. Once you have your first draft, you can just validate and save it from time to time. When you get all required info., you can always add them on later.

Q2. Unfortunately, you can't submit your draft without a pop-up submit botton which will never appear unless your form is completely filled. However, renewing possport doesn't mean changing possport number. If you still have those numbers and details in-hand, you can just go ahead with it because there is no question regarding your visa details. Well from my experience anyway so someone please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Finally, 125 points at this time of year is quite a promising figure. Check the latest pool result and you will certainly agree with me. And please remember, it's free to make a draft EOI form online and you can edit it as many times as you like so all the best with your hunting Games.

Cheers
    Last edited by Marmite; 01-08-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marmite View Post
    However, renewing possport doesn't mean changing possport number.
    In the UK we have new passport numbers when we renew. Or perhaps I should say, we have had new passport numbers when we've renewed our UK passports although that was after renewing them outside the UK.
    Mother Bear

Marmite is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    In the UK we have new passport numbers when we renew. Or perhaps I should say, we have had new passport numbers when we've renewed our UK passports although that was after renewing them outside the UK.
    Thank you MotherBear,
    Maybe it's the same for India as well but I'm holding passport from another nation so I might be completely misleading someone here, Sorry about that.

Yeah, in that case Dr. Sandhya, you must wait until you get all essential info. filled in before you can submit your EOI.

Cheers
    Last edited by Marmite; 02-08-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Default Many many thanks

Oh! thanks a ton MB and Marmite for that guidance I so needed.
    I feel quite rejuvenated with that dose of advise.

I shall continue filling in bit by bit, but biggest of all questions still remains that job offer.