Thread: Hello Everyone

Kazz is offline Junior Member

Default Hello Everyone

Hi i'm kazz from the UK and hope to move to Wellington in the next 2 years
    I'm 23 and have just started a new job. Hopefully i can move under skilled migration with my brother who is also highly educated. We want to work in UK for a bit longer to save some cash to take over.

I'm an archivist, so i hope that is on the list of jobs where there is a skills shortage. If not i'll be going under work to residency

As i'm new here and dont know much about the application process, please be patient with me if i bombard the forum with questions!

I'll make sure to search the forum for other threads which may apply to me

Good luck to everyone who is making the move or has made the move

Hopefully i can join you!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Kazz and welcome.

Archivist is rated as Level 1 on the ANZSCO list. It isn't on the Long Term Skill Shortage List so I doubt you could go for straight PR. The ideal would be to find a job with an accredited employer and, as you say, go via the Work to Residence route.

Good idea to accumulate as much money as possible before making the move. You'll no doubt be thankful for it when you get to NZ.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Kazz is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Hi Kazz and welcome.

Archivist is rated as Level 1 on the ANZSCO list. It isn't on the Long Term Skill Shortage List so I doubt you could go for straight PR. The ideal would be to find a job with an accredited employer and, as you say, go via the Work to Residence route.

Good idea to accumulate as much money as possible before making the move. You'll no doubt be thankful for it when you get to NZ.
    Thanks for that link. I didnt know what level archivist was as i could not find it on the NZ immigration list of skill shortages

I am currently trying to build some links with some NZ records managers, quite a few British Archivists have moved over so i am asking them how they made the move

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
    I am currently trying to build some links with some NZ records managers, quite a few British Archivists have moved over so i am asking them how they made the move
    That's certainly a great way to get information firsthand. Good luck with it.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.