Thread: Hi Everyone:)

KiwiGal is offline Junior Member

Default Hi Everyone:)

Hi, my name is Kylie and as you can see from the user name I am a kiwi but living in london UK at the moment. Returning to ChCh in April.

I have read, with interest, lots of the posts on your site and have found it very useful as my husband (British) and I are working on getting PR for him.

We submitted our PR forms in early January and hoping to hear early April if he has been accepted as my work permit runs out mid April and I have to return to NZ.

Just wondering if any of you have applied in the UK and how long it has taken to come through? We were told originally it would sit in an in tray for a month before being assigned a case worker and it should only take 3 months.

Thanks

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Kylie, welcome to MTNZ.

We've had quite a few kiwis sponsoring their UK partners passing through the forum. Let's hope some of them are still kicking around and can help you. Just wanted to say 'Hello' .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Hi Mother Bear

Thanks for the welcome and hello

bubbles is offline Junior Member

Smile Hi Kiwigal

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal View Post
    Hi, my name is Kylie and as you can see from the user name I am a kiwi but living in london UK at the moment. Returning to ChCh in April.

I have read, with interest, lots of the posts on your site and have found it very useful as my husband (British) and I are working on getting PR for him.

We submitted our PR forms in early January and hoping to hear early April if he has been accepted as my work permit runs out mid April and I have to return to NZ.

Just wondering if any of you have applied in the UK and how long it has taken to come through? We were told originally it would sit in an in tray for a month before being assigned a case worker and it should only take 3 months.

Thanks
    hi Kylie
    Just a quick hello!

I will also be applying, in uk, with my kiwi husband sponsoring me so will be interested in replies to your post re timescales etc. We have a house to sell first so unfortunately, not able to answer your question yet!

Just a thought though ... have you got British citizenship through your marriage? this might take away the pressure of mid April visa expirey?, but then again I might be on the wrong track!!

Best wishes
    Barbara

Hi Barbara,

We did think about getting my Permanent Residency here but that was 750 better spent elsewhere. Can't believe it costs the same for someone who has been here 8 years or through the marriage route!

Will keep you posted on how we get on with our application. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly for you and us.

Good Luck with selling your house! We decided to rent ours due to the current climate.

Kylie