Thread: Brummie off to Auckland

paul_dickson78 is offline Junior Member

Smile Brummie off to Auckland

Hey there folks,

Hope you are well and having a great week?

I'm Paul and heading down to Auckland in March. I'm planning on living in Northcote, the job hunting has started and now just sorting out boxes and debating whether or not to ship my golf clubs.

I've been looking into football coaching courses, creative writing classes and even the odd evening class for cooking, if anyone knows of some other great places/ways/courses to make some crackin new mates feel free to let me know.

Look forward to hearing from some of you soon.

Cheers,

Paul

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Paul and welcome to our happy band.

You seem to have things sorted in your head about where you want to end up so I hope it works out for you. With all your various interests I'm sure you won't be long making new friends if you join up with a few groups of like-minded folks, especially in Auckland where most things will be available. Have you got your residency already?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

macfod is offline Oh Masterful One

Default another brummie in NZ!

Can this be allowed!

Well, I suppose one in the north and south isnt too bad.

Mind you my footy team could do with a new manager so maybe you should stay in Brum and apply..

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Hi Paul and welcome to our happy band.

You seem to have things sorted in your head about where you want to end up so I hope it works out for you. With all your various interests I'm sure you won't be long making new friends if you join up with a few groups of like-minded folks, especially in Auckland where most things will be available. Have you got your residency already?
    Thanks for the support MB, very much appreciated. I made my mind up last year to give NZ a bash and after being down in NZ for three weeks over Christmas my mind was made up. I'm heading down on a Working Holiday Visa and getting my CV out and about for some work (Project Manager).

So any tips on settling in to life on the otherside of the world?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by macfod View Post
    Can this be allowed!

Well, I suppose one in the north and south isnt too bad.

Mind you my footy team could do with a new manager so maybe you should stay in Brum and apply..
    So I've found the other Brummie eh? Pleasure to meet you bud. Bit like being down St. Andrews then, one at either end....thats not far from the truth of late either. Yep, a Bluenose for my sins, I'll still follow the boys once I head down, hopefully they'll get promoted whilst I'm away

Yorkshiregirl is offline Junior Member

So, you're a blues supporting brummie...there's a surprise!! Bet you are glad they did get promoted hey! Unlike myself, who is a Barnsley fan and is glad we just managed to avoid the drop for a 3rd year running!

I live in Mount Albert (don't know where that is in relation to you) and I am also quite sporty. I coached Barnsley Ladies under 11's last season, go to the gym, walking etc. I've also bought some running shoes so I can run on the beach..really that's so I can brag about it!
    If you are not far away and fancied meeting up for a run or discussion about how rubbish our manager is etc let me know!