Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello from somerset

bubbles is offline Junior Member

Smile hello from somerset

hi have been browsing this site for so long feel as though i know you all and thought it was time to join in!

we are currently trying to sell our house in Somerset (not a good time but some people still have to move!) then planning to rent here while we get my visa sorted ... luckily my husband was born in NZ, he has lived here since age of 2 but wants to come home! so should be a case of family/parnership visa (been married 30 yrs so plenty of evidence!) for me.

We have visited NZ (NI) twice and both feel so at home there we can't wait to make the move!

Love reading the forum and blogs, thanks for all really useful info!!

back soon!
    B

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Bubbles! I'm glad you've been enjoying our company, and have now joined us proper-like. The more playmates the merrier.

It sounds like selling the house will be your greatest obstacle, which isn't too bad, considering. Good luck!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Bubbles. It's great that you've finally decided to dip your toe in and join us.

Which part of NZ are you heading for? Good luck with the house sale. Not the best time to be selling, but you never know your luck.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default dreaming!?

Hi
    Thanks for welcome!
    Where to settle??? big question!
    We have freinds in BoP and Wellington, and also love BoI region so depending on work will probably head for one of those areas to start, we havn't explored south island at all so plan on making a holiday there our first stop ... but still in early planning stage otherwise will gget very frustrated re house sale!!
    Back soon!
    B

zummerzet_lou is offline your flexible friend
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome ...

Good luck with the house sale - I'm sure you will sell - just a matter of getting "that" person to view your house eh? Took us about 5 months to sell ours early this year.

Which part of Somerset are you living? As you can probably gather from my name, I'm from round them parts - Ilminster ...

Lou
    EOI Submitted 8th July 2007, 140 points no job offer.
    EOI Selected 18th July 2007
    ITA pack received 12th Oct 2007
    Completed ITA posted to NZIS 26th November 2007
    Case Officer assigned approx 22nd Feb 2008
    Immigration interview 7th May 2008
    PR AIP 10th May 2008
    Arrived in NZ, August 13th

Check out our website -> http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

Smile Zummerzet

Hi Lou

Been wandering which part of somerset you were from.... we live between Taunton and Wellington at Bradford on Tone, I'm somerset born and bred and OH has been here since coming back from NZ, we did live in Cornwall for a time but been living in Wellington area for many years.

OH is a musician, in a band which palyed at Shrubbery last week so Ilminster had a recent visit from one of us!

how are you enjoying your new life?? notice you're in CChurch, have some friends (here) who have family there, friends spent 6mths with family early this year ... such a small world!!

Thanks for reply
    B

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

oooooooh!!! I was brought up in Kingston st Mary (moved there in 1970 - yikes!!), and lived in Taunton on and off til 6 years ago - then moved with hubby to Salisbury, then to Tauranga, then back to Salisbury!! Still come down to Taunton quite a bit to meet up with my dad and his wife and my friends who still live there.

Good luck with the house sale xx

Maggie x

hiya!
    Like I said its a small world!
    We were in Tauranga in Feb this year, our friends live at Te Puna, we fell in love with the area, hadn't been there on first trip to NZ, now one of areas we may aim to settle in. Why are you here when you could be there?!! May just have to pick your brains a little!

Kingston st Mary .... hey, I grew up in Bishops Lydeard .. just over the hill!

yeah, i think luck is what we need with house sale, thanks , hopefully things will start moving in New Year!

Bx

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou View Post
    I'm sure you will sell - just a matter of getting "that" person to view your house eh?
    And in creeps the Kiwi eh You've only been three months! Next will be the 'sweet as'!
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Hi Bubbles, feel free to "pick my brain" (or what little there is left of it with 3 kids under 5 years!! I think all my brain cells have gone walkabout! ) about Tauranga/Te Puna area - its a fabulous place to live, and we are certainly glad that we chose it as our place to live while we were there.

Best wishes

Maggie xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast