Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Lancashire

rockclimber is offline Junior Member

Default Hello from Lancashire

Finally got on here after a month of trying - web site seemed not let anyone register with the image verification thingy - but on now anyways. There is a conference overhere so was looking to go along and get some info on the process etc.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Rockclimber and welcome. Apologies for the delay in your registration. It appears there was a blip in the function after the site was upgraded, but it's good to have you here with us at last.

Good luck with the info gathering. Is it one of the expos you're going to or a seminar?

Is that you dangling precariously in your profile picture ? Not another superfit member on here, surely? Some of us are getting to feel grossly inferior .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

it is an expo tpe affair from New Zealand Immigration - New Life New Zealand Paul Goddard - it's only half hour away and as I missed the main NZ Expo 08 here in Leeds so it's the next best thing. Although not a full weekend it's about half a day in all it should prove helpful. Am still not sure if to use an agent (must be a common question) or not - is it a case of agency + more cash = better chance or DIY = slim chance, not sure.
    yes that's me a few moons ago - am a bit house bound currently and out of action so am looking forward to getting back out asap - I just hate being indoors . . . .

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Where in Lancashire are you from? We are from Lancashire and made the move to NZ in March.

The agent question is a very common one: there is no straight answer but I would say if you have a pretty straight forward case then they prob aren't worth it. They charge a lot of money and you still have to gather all the information yourself anyway. There are plenty of peeps on here that have done it themselves and everyone is always up for offering advice and helping others through the process.

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ebianca View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Where in Lancashire are you from? We are from Lancashire and made the move to NZ in March.

The agent question is a very common one: there is no straight answer but I would say if you have a pretty straight forward case then they prob aren't worth it. They charge a lot of money and you still have to gather all the information yourself anyway. There are plenty of peeps on here that have done it themselves and everyone is always up for offering advice and helping others through the process.

Beth
    Hi - born & bred in Chorley now living in rainy Todmorden up near Bride Stones

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

If you like climbing the Bride Stones, you may like Castle Hill, on the way to Arthur's Pass on the South Island. There were a fair number of climbers there when I passed through.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Ah

We are from Rossendale so just over the hill from you. Have family scattered thorught Bacup and waterfoot area. My mum used to work at a nursing home in Chorley.
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ebianca View Post
    Ah

We are from Rossendale so just over the hill from you. Have family scattered thorught Bacup and waterfoot area. My mum used to work at a nursing home in Chorley.
    Crikey - I can see t'other side of the valley from here and a good view of the bacup horizon, ahhhh Chorley - God's little acre.

Quote Originally Posted by selchie View Post
    If you like climbing the Bride Stones, you may like Castle Hill, on the way to Arthur's Pass on the South Island. There were a fair number of climbers there when I passed through.

I go up Bridies a fair bit weather permitting when I fancy a bit of bouldering. I'm normally up the Lakes when I can persuade someone to come along. Climbing weather here this year has been pants.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Bloody hell, you guys are awesome (and unlike the rest of NZ I do not use that word lightly!). It's amazing to watch you clambering up those smooth faces, my hearts in my mouth most of the time but I still can't tear my eyes away.
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast