Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What doe's it cost to take your dog ?

cradley is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Default What doe's it cost to take your dog ?

Doe's anyone know how much it will cost to take my dog charlie,he is an English Springer Spaniel ,he weighs 20k his height is 22inches ,he is chipped and all vacinations up to date.We would want to fly Birminham Airport in the UK.Also can anyone let me know how much it would cost to get him castrated in NZ so i can decide wether to get him done at home or wait until we arrive in NZ.

Thank you,Regards Cradley

zummerzet_lou is offline your flexible friend
    Blog Entries

We shipped a Golden Retriever, so a little bigger than your dog. She costs 2500 UKP, plus about another 100UKP for the vet to take her blood for the tests.

She got shipped from Heathrow to Auckland ... with Golden Arrow whom were great.

HTH,

Lou
    EOI Submitted 8th July 2007, 140 points no job offer.
    EOI Selected 18th July 2007
    ITA pack received 12th Oct 2007
    Completed ITA posted to NZIS 26th November 2007
    Case Officer assigned approx 22nd Feb 2008
    Immigration interview 7th May 2008
    PR AIP 10th May 2008
    Arrived in NZ, August 13th

Check out our website -> http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

Blog Entries

Great,thanks a lot can they fly the same time as us? also are you renting property?if so how hard was it to find somewhere that would accept your dog?whats it like living in NZ? sorry for all the questions

zummerzet_lou is offline your flexible friend
    Blog Entries

You can fly on the same flight as your pooch ... best talk to the animal shipper first, and arrange flights around them as only some flights take animals (Dawn did this ... I'm sure she'll be by at some point).

Before we arrived I booked up a few holiday cottages, and overnighters (we have a week in Auckland, and then travelled down to Christchurch). Had no bother finding these.

We found a rental without too much bother ... went around the local agents and got their rental details, and looked at the ones that stated they'd take a dog. Viewed the couple we liked, and settled on one. I started work almost immediately so we didn't have the luxury of time, so just went with what there was which has turned out well for us.

It's true that the choice was limited, but that's true in the UK too.

Lou
    EOI Submitted 8th July 2007, 140 points no job offer.
    EOI Selected 18th July 2007
    ITA pack received 12th Oct 2007
    Completed ITA posted to NZIS 26th November 2007
    Case Officer assigned approx 22nd Feb 2008
    Immigration interview 7th May 2008
    PR AIP 10th May 2008
    Arrived in NZ, August 13th

Check out our website -> http://the-clarks.freehostia.com/

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Yap, we flew our two out on the same flight as us. If you're gonna bring your dog though, don't go through one of the Asian stops. They have no care for dogs and throw the cases around, they've been known to leave them on the runway in midday heat between stops. Go through LA although this completely crap for you, better for your dog!

We had a friend here who picked us up at the airport and kept our two dogs for us whilst we went travelling a bit and then got settled. Don't know how we'd have managed without her actually!

Oh, and we didn't have any problem finding accom either. Just ask. Even if the ad says no pets, ask. Often it's the agent that puts the request on and not the owner.

Good luck!
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Blog Entries

Default Thanks

Thank you for info on dogs,doe's your daughter still want my daughter Kayleigh's msn details if you remember she's the 16yr old who's determined she's not comming.

Take care,Regards Cradley

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Is she still insisting on not coming?

PM me her msn addy and I'll pass it on to Lauren. Ironic really, as Lauren and I had a conversation last night about just this. She has had a few things to deal with this weekend and came to me to talk because she'd had a fleeting thought of escaping back to UK. She said that it had only been for a a few seconds but she quickly realised it for what it was. She said she loves it here, that she sees fabulous opportunities for herself here, opportunities she would never had had in UK. She loves the outlook of the people, her friends have a more positive outlook on life, they feel that they can achieve anything they decide to and aren't living prescribed lives, constantly trying to live up to the expectations that everyone else and society has for them. She feels strong, independant and free.

She is beautiful and I adore her
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

wackers is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Dogs !

It is going to cost us 5,000.00 to bring our dogs out! But we couldnt leave them.
    Lou - can you reccommend any places to saty as we are going to fly into Auckland with our two dogs in December and travel with them down to Wellington?
    Thanks Wackers
    Last edited by wackers; 27-10-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Wanted to leave a message for Lou too

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wackers View Post
    Lou - can you reccommend any places to saty as we are going to fly into Auckland with our two dogs in December and travel with them down to Wellington?
    Was there nothing of any help on the links I posted in answer to your previous query? That would be disappointing if there wasn't .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

wackers is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

No it was useful MotherBear, but I would like to hear from anyone who has actually done this.....I think it could be a bit of a nightmare and need some reassurance! We still dont know where we are going to end up in NZ - my husband has been shortlisted for a job in Wellington and another in Otago...if we manage to sell our house ( we hope to exchange this week) then there is no panic, but it is all abit scary at the moment. Wackers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast