Thread: hello from Karen (hippychic23)

hippychic23 is offline Junior Member

Smile hello from Karen (hippychic23)

good morning to you all... first time here, thought i would say hi..
    am in the middle of my application for residency - got a job at Northshore hospital, paperwork for ITA almost complete (just waiting for the NZ Nursing council to get it together) BUT.....
    selling my house in the UK??? oh, that is such a joke, I just wish there was a container big enough to pack it into and i could bring it over. I can't believe that the market has crashed just as I went up for sale (and the media here are not helping with their tales of doom and gloom!!!).
    It isn't going to stop us coming - we can rent, or get friends to move in until the market improves, just means I get stressed and have headaches, or hit the bottle on my days off!
    right, a bit about me (yawn.....sorry, but am at work at the moment, and have 10 mins free...)
    am married to a great fella - although he is American, and as such tends to be loud and embarrasing when he wants to be, (kissy kissy Dave).
    we have 4 (wonderful?) boys - Dan 21, Joe 17, Nath 12, and Jacob 6, and a dog who has decided that Jacob is HER baby, and as such she is entitled to sleep in his bed... (yak)... the dog is also costing more to take with us than the kids are... have considered dressing her in clothes and getting her a plane seat like scooby doo.....
    I am a nurse, in case you hadn't guessed, and have never been to NZ - we decided at christmas we have had enough in this country and needed a fresh start - much to the disgust of Joe who is in LURRRVE, and doesn't want to leave his girfriend... he has no choice though, but we have promised him a ticket home for his 18th if he still wants to go back - or a car if he stays - who says blackmail doesnt work???
    I would be really greatful to anyone who has moved, and has helpful advice about renting a house that they could share with me - looking on the realestate sites are confusing - I need somewhere big, cheap, and need to know which schools are best in the area (oh, not much then - ha ha).
    right, back to work..... lives to save etc.....

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Karen. Pleased you could join us.

If you want to research schools, I've posted some links on another thread today which might be of some help. Of course, there's nothing quite like personal experience from anyone on here who is living in the area. Fingers crossed they will reply.

Quote Originally Posted by hippychic23 View Post
    ....we decided at christmas we have had enough in this country and needed a fresh start - much to the disgust of Joe who is in LURRRVE, and doesn't want to leave his girfriend..
    Oh dear, how many times have we encountered this situation on here? Hope it comes good for you and doesn't become a problem.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Hey

Just wanted to welcome you on board. Hope the ITA goes well.

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

I can identify with the teenager in love bit. My 16 yr old fell in love just over a year before we were due to leave the UK. He knew that we were going and looked at ways of staying but his grandparents were a bit hesitant to let him stay. We compromised and agreed to stay in the UK until after her 16th birthday at least so he could share it with her. Then b*****r me they split up about a month before we left. He has been in touch with a brit in NZ and was all for the move. We have been here almost 2 weeks and he has settled really well.

Things have a way of sorting themselves out. Good luck
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch