Thread: Confused Already !!!

Chelski is offline Junior Member

Default Confused Already !!!

Hi All

Just found this site whilst doing some research for electrical registration, but I'll cover that in another post.
    Although we have never been to NZ my wife and I are determined to bring our 2 children up in a better environment than the UK, which is becoming a lost cause!!!! and have descided that NZ can give us everything we dream of and more. But I do have some concerns about the low incomes out there??

I am still fighting my way through the masses of NZIS information and electrical registration.
    I am hoping for a redundancy package in march09 and we would like to emigrate a few months after that, but not sure if things move that quick and we still have to sell the house in this climate!!

It's not as easy as that TV programme is it!!!!

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chelski View Post
    Hi All

Just found this site whilst doing some research for electrical registration, but I'll cover that in another post.
    Although we have never been to NZ my wife and I are determined to bring our 2 children up in a better environment than the UK, which is becoming a lost cause!!!! and have descided that NZ can give us everything we dream of and more. But I do have some concerns about the low incomes out there??

I am still fighting my way through the masses of NZIS information and electrical registration.
    I am hoping for a redundancy package in march09 and we would like to emigrate a few months after that, but not sure if things move that quick and we still have to sell the house in this climate!!

It's not as easy as that TV programme is it!!!!
    Not as easy but more fun!!!!!!!! Any idea where you would like to settle?
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

Chelski is offline Junior Member

Nicky

Everywhere It all looks great.

I think i'd prefer the North island not too far from the coast, but would go anywhere where i could earn a respectable wage.

Lee

Duke is offline Senior Member

I would assume your are a licensed electrician? NZ needs you, just like anyone else that does skilled work for a living. NZ's babyboomer era is coming to an end and they need skilled crafts, for the flood of newcomers and new developments. The NZQA can assess your qualifications.
    You dont have to go to NZ to see for yourself. Look into any book or on site that posts pictures of NZ...there it is!!, seems like every view is an oil painting. I havent got to many negatives to say about the racism and gangs, but crime is there, its not perfect. Im sure your family will inform you that there is no utopia,so try to do as much research as you can, if you do not plan to visit first.
    As for the low income...well..since there is not a strong union there,it is just that, but as you mentioned the benefits for your kids, well that may be priceless for you. Adjust.
    Invercargill may have new groundbreaking exploration of oil there...so they are planning for this area to grow rapidly. But its all in what you want...NZ has it all, unless your an indoors kind of person.
    I have only been on the SI, and havent yet narrowed my destination yet, but Im real hot and heavy on cloudy Invercargill right now(for the simple fact being near stewarts island and fiordland natl.park), but I also like the volcano view of New Plymouth on the NI...was offered a job in Blenhiem but just not ready to jump into that offer right now.
    Anyway Good Luck too you, Ive been to the SI for a short research visit and I would like to say NZ is a quiet place, unless your in the grand prix circuit of ChCh..lol

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

It's possible to get PR (or one of the other work-type visas) by March, but a lot will depend on how quickly you get you qualifications in order, and all the rest. Good luck!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s