Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New and slightly dissapointed.

sunshine1 is offline Banned

Default New and slightly dissapointed.

Hello to all the lovely people on this forum, i would like to say some of you seem most friendly! However there is one or two of the more senior members on here answering peoples questions that think they are above everyone else, I think you know who you are!! There seems to be no friendly banter with one another which really is quite sad. I ve been following this forum for over a year now and i can honestly say you could well do with checking out pommsin oz forum to see what makes them click, my daughter is going to oz very soon to live so i have spent many an hour looking on this site, and i must had what a great crowd of people use it, always a good crowd in the chat rooms and lots of banter as well as usefull help, im off to n/z in 3 mths time a country which i have visited on several occasions and now decided to live, So come on guys wake up make this forum a busy one and get into the swing of things, stop being so serious!

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1 View Post
    However there is one or two of the more senior members on here answering peoples questions that think they are above everyone else, I think you know who you are!! There seems to be no friendly banter with one another which really is quite sad. So come on guys wake up make this forum a busy one and get into the swing of things, stop being so serious!
    Sorry Sunshine but I strongly disagree with you! The more senior members have been amazing and have provided information they did not need to provide and spend a lot of time following up and researching for us out of the goodness of their heart.

It also takes more than 1 post to become "friends"! Your post does not encourage friendly banter!

You obviously have not read all of the posts over the past year or you would have seen many fun posts! Trust me, I have been 150% involved in some of these posts.

Not to mention, a lot of us try to spare others from our more personal messages by posting them privately as this forum is not necessarily for friendship - try Facebook if that is what you are looking for.

I have made many friends on this forum who continue to stay in touch either through email or Facebook or whatever medium they choose!

You "senior" members; keep it up! I love you all!
    Shell
    God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Duke is offline Senior Member

I am definately not a senior member, nor excited about making this forum busy. Busy means to me overload, spam, junk, etc... This forum has real life experiences that people can use for thier own decisions...I kindy like it! If you think we are sleepy people, thank you, Ive been trying to relax a decade now. I do not exactly know where you want this thread to go, but I hope it doesnt go to the level that the olympics thread went. Immigration I think is a serious matter and should be takin with extreme care because most of us have children that will be affected in this process. Anyway nice to see that you want to shake things up a bit and please keep expressing your opinions, we all can use little changing some time.
    Good Luck

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

I have found some good friends through this forum and as Shell has said we do a lot of communication away from the forum as well as on the forum. It may be that you have just stumbled on the more serious threads recently rather than the fun ones and funny comments. I for one enjoy the light hearted nature as well as the helpful suggestions, advice & support. I don't think I could have made it to this point without it.

Exactly what are you looking for from a forum? Most of the time people join a forum for help & advice and I think this forum gives it in bucketloads. If you can have a laugh and joke along the way then that is a bonus. Just stick with us and you will find we are a friendly bunch but comments like:-

Quote Originally Posted by SUNSHINE1 View Post
    However there is one or two of the more senior members on here answering peoples questions that think they are above everyone else, I think you know who you are!!
    are not going to win you friends
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1 View Post
    Hello to all the lovely people on this forum, i would like to say some of you seem most friendly! However there is one or two of the more senior members on here answering peoples questions that think they are above everyone else, I think you know who you are!!
    LMAO Nice one! I'll get lambasted for agreeing with you but there you go. I've never had a problem putting my money where my mouth is.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    There seems to be no friendly banter with one another which really is quite sad.
    Now, not sure I agree with you there sunshine1. We do ave vair vair friendly banterisms on ere from time to time. I also feel that they are too few and far between and I sometimes feel that those who do take themselves vair seriously are vair good at taking the smile out of things.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    So come on guys wake up make this forum a busy one and get into the swing of things, stop being so serious!
    Here, here We've needed some more fun on here for a while now. I only usuallly post to take the mick coz most people don't talk about anything of much interest. You might not like it coz it hits a bit close to home. Look at your responses for a start, just a little dogmatic?

Sorry guys, but a lot of what she says is true. Some of you are are just really boring, or should I say your posts are boring. You may not be, I don't know because I don't know you. You might dance around your garden in the moonlight with spoons up your arse but if you do post a picture

Take what she's saying constructively and see it as an opportunity. I admire people that speak their mind and I respect honesty. I like people that put the cat amongst the pigeons, God, I've done it all my life. I can't be doing with people who always see the glass half empty. If that's the case, drink what's left and piss off!

I'm going to polish my armour now. Here we go, here we go, here we go
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Seems to me more like a very rude method of advertising another forum if you ask me, but then I'm probably too far above everyone else to see otherwise.

I am, of course, joking Do you see what I did there? Banter!!

I don't know who you are referring to about people thinking they are above anyone else, they may be serious on serious matters but as others say thats appreciated. And, no one is further up their own arse than Dawn
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    And, no one is further up their own arse than Dawn
    So far, you can only see my little tippy toes Taf It's a good job my arse is so big it can fit my head and my mouth in it eh? Well, actually you can probably still see my part of my lips coz my gob is so metaphorically big.

Come on guys loosen up. Let's not take ourselves so seriously! This is a great forum, let's prove it We can take the rough with the smooth, that's what friends do. We're allowed to agree, disagree, provoke, apologise, smile, frown, tut and wink. It's all in the nature of things. We've all had times when someone's said something that's made us wince. People are people and words are, after all, only words.

We've never been into slagging each other off and it has been known for us to rally when someone says something to threaten the comfort we all feel belonging to this little cyber community. But come on, sometimes we all sit around waiting for someone to post something of interest, I've heard several people say it. And that's life isn't it? We don't all spend 24/7 on nail-biting, cliff hangers. It wouldn't be normal.

Sunshine 1 made a few comments that may actually be constructive if we choose to see it that way, regardless of her choice of words. And choice is the order of the day. It's all about frame of mind and what we choose to do with it.

Every now and then one of these raises it's head. Let's just deal with it. She's entitled to her opinion and it may even be constructive. It doesn't read as a negative post to me. Some people only look in from time to time and only read specific items. They don't involve themselves in stuff that seems to involve a specific named circle of friends or acquaintances. It's all objective if we choose to recognise objectivity.

Lots of our members have important experiences to relate but in my opinion, as is human nature, they all have specific ways of relating them. Some make for more interesting reading than others. I know I'm not the only one who skips over some peoples posts because I know they're going to bore me to death. We all make personal choices and there's nothing wrong in that. It's called liberty it makes us what we are.

Grow up movetonz. We are bigger than this!
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Duke is offline Senior Member

Being boring doesnt get you booted off, nor doesnt freeze up your puter... AOL did that to me. Yes, I got the blue screen and account frozen for saying in a conservative political chatroom at the beginning of this war on terror "Iraq is not equal or lesser than the USA"....BLANK, screen went off... AOL says they do not support that way of thinking...ha, I do! Still until this day I occasionally get the blue screen stating what I typed and it has been over 4+ years ago. Thats Big Brother for you or somebody that has a branch up thier arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    So far, you can only see my little tippy toes Taf It's a good job my arse is so big it can fit my head and my mouth in it eh? Well, actually you can probably still see my part of my lips coz my gob is so metaphorically big.

Come on guys loosen up. Let's not take ourselves so seriously! This is a great forum, let's prove it We can take the rough with the smooth, that's what friends do. We're allowed to agree, disagree, provoke, apologise, smile, frown, tut and wink. It's all in the nature of things. We've all had times when someone's said something that's made us wince. People are people and words are, after all, only words.

We've never been into slagging each other off and it has been known for us to rally when someone says something to threaten the comfort we all feel belonging to this little cyber community. But come on, sometimes we all sit around waiting for someone to post something of interest, I've heard several people say it. And that's life isn't it? We don't all spend 24/7 on nail-biting, cliff hangers. It wouldn't be normal.

Sunshine 1 made a few comments that may actually be constructive if we choose to see it that way, regardless of her choice of words. And choice is the order of the day. It's all about frame of mind and what we choose to do with it.

Every now and then one of these raises it's head. Let's just deal with it. She's entitled to her opinion and it may even be constructive. It doesn't read as a negative post to me. Some people only look in from time to time and only read specific items. They don't involve themselves in stuff that seems to involve a specific named circle of friends or acquaintances. It's all objective if we choose to recognise objectivity.

Lots of our members have important experiences to relate but in my opinion, as is human nature, they all have specific ways of relating them. Some make for more interesting reading than others. I know I'm not the only one who skips over some peoples posts because I know they're going to bore me to death. We all make personal choices and there's nothing wrong in that. It's called liberty it makes us what we are.

Grow up movetonz. We are bigger than this!

Hi All, sadly i do have a habit of speaking my mind, but never with the intension to hurt any ones feelings, and no not to push for another forum why would i when you are two different countries,

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Seems to me more like a very rude method of advertising another forum if you ask me, but then I'm probably too far above everyone else to see otherwise.

I am, of course, joking Do you see what I did there? Banter!!

I don't know who you are referring to about people thinking they are above anyone else, they may be serious on serious matters but as others say thats appreciated. And, no one is further up their own arse than Dawn

thank you for that taffy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast