Thread: Work to Residency route?

Snoopy is offline Junior Member
    Originally fm Zimbabwe, but moved to UK cos of the political situation there drove us out

Thumbs up Work to Residency route?

Hi

I am a separated 48yrs old mom of three and a half kids (the cutest is my 3yr old grand-daughter), ex-Zimbabwean and now living in the UK, desperately trying to get into NZ.

Iíve been advised that I cannot get into NZ through the Skilled Work route, but think I can get in through the Work to Residence route. Iím pretty certain I can earn the required minimum salary necessary with my bookkeeping background, and pass the police and medical tests, but I am confused about several issues with the employment side, but have no-one to give me the answers, so am stuck.

It seems I must pass the med & police checks and get a 'job with an 'acredited' firm in NZ before I leave everything here and fly out. what exactly does getting a job with an accredited company mean ,and is that all I need to do before I book a flight out?

also, can anyone give me the name of an agency that will work with Work to Residency clients, who are reasonably priced and give good service Ė I hear there are several agencies who claim they are great, but are a waste of money.

I am desperate to go to NZ, and I find doing this on my own is extremely daunting. Thanks for any info and help
    Regards
    Snoopy

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Snoopy and a big to you.

This is a list of accredited employers. Basically, they are companies who have been vetted and approved for employing overseas people. Getting a job offer from such a company is only part of the application process for a WTR visa. You would have to submit your paperwork and then wait for the visa to be granted before you can confidently take off for NZ. This is a quick check for the WTR visa.

We have a consultancy attached to the forum, which is tried and trusted, if you really feel you need one. They can help with immigration visas and also help find you a job, if necessary. You can read up on them here.

Good luck with the process and your dream of getting to NZ.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.