Thread: cradley

cradley is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Default cradley

hi everyone we are just about to start the immergration process so any help or advice would be good thanks looking forward to hearing from you

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

cradley

You came to right spot for that. You may want to supply a few more details so people will know hiow they can help.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."

Blog Entries

hi cliff my husband has sent cvs across to nz as we have a family and would like to secure a job before we start the immergration process .He has I.Tand civil engineering qualifications, he has been to nz seminar and was told his skills were on the long term skill shortage list.Do you think he stands a good chance applying from home (Great Britain)

Blog Entries

If he has the qualifications and experience I doubt you will have an issue. The CV is a good process.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand

Blog Entries

thanks for your reply, so whats it like living in NZ ? is it much different to what you were used to ?

Blog Entries

I moved here from Las Vegas in the USA. Can you say "chalk and cheese"? New Zealand is like living in a small town in many ways. If you like the big city you may not like it here. Although Auckland is like any large city in the world today.

The are two New Zealands, Auckland and the rest of NZ. It is a bit of we vs them. People here enjoy life more. In the USA it was all about money and didn't care how they got it.

No overcrowding and lots of natural beauty. It is expensive for many things you buy. The USA consumer market was huge so prices were lower. You pay a premium here and there is less choice but can usually find what you need. an exmaple i bought a couple of computer LCD's from Australia because I could pay the freight and GST cheaper than pay a local company for the same item. There was another post about competition. I agree here it isn't strong here.

Many things are different but isn't that why you are coming?
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand

Blog Entries

Its like that in Britain most people care about money and posessions,people are so wrapped up in work they forget to live.we are very simple people who just want a quiet life we dont like the cities far to crowded and busy,we went to a small welsh town for our vacation a few weeks ago it was a slower pace of life not busy everyone so welcoming and friendly ,i didnt want to leave it was great.