Thread: wise words needed,

skuttle7 is offline Junior Member

Default wise words needed,

Hi everyone!
    we are still looking on the positive side, with all the ups and downs and we still of our hearts set on new zealand to live, as mentioned before we have passed all the points test by miles, (qualifications, buying with no mortgage and having money to support ourselves etc) so thats still a positive,
    The question is the visa side of things, is it best to go with an agency in the uk that helps with job finding before we come over, or is it best to come over and then look for work, so many people have said different things, regarding different visas, and i would appreciate any help and advise offered, John my husband is a domestic plumber by trade, as well as drainage etc, and all aspects of maintance, also qualified in landscape gardening,
    i myself is qualified in hairdressing, qualified in dressmaking and also take an active roll in my childrens school fundraising and pta,
    so we do have lots to offer, we just can't wait to get cracking

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hi skuttle,

I can't remember where you live but New Life New Zealand (our friendly neighbourhood Immigration Consultants!) are holding some seminars in Leeds and London in a few months, which you may find useful. Go to our website home page and scroll down a bit and you'll see the red banner link to click on.

HTH

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

As your husband is a plumber, providing he has the relevant qualification and work experience plus he can get his NZ registration (required for a PR application), he should have no problems getting PR and a job with or without help from a consultant.

If he wants to try for a job while he's still in the UK, then I would go along with what WG says about visiting New Life New Zealand's seminar if you can make it to London, as they have their fingers on the pulse where jobs are concerned and are in direct contact with employers. They are job consultants as well as immigration, so they may well have some useful advice for you. If nothing comes of that, then you could always get to NZ on visit visas and job hunt from there as many others have done.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgirl View Post
    Hi skuttle,

I can't remember where you live but New Life New Zealand (our friendly neighbourhood Immigration Consultants!) are holding some seminars in Leeds and London in a few months, which you may find useful. Go to our website home page and scroll down a bit and you'll see the red banner link to click on.

HTH
    hi welshgirl,
    thankyou for that its been helpfull, we are looking into all the possibilities tomorrow, could you give any help regarding transporting dogs, we have two retrievers, any company that you can reccomend
    thankyou dawn

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skuttle7 View Post
    could you give any help regarding transporting dogs, we have two retrievers, any company that you can reccomend
    thankyou dawn
    Dogs not yet gone but I would recommend Golden Arrow - they have very good feedback from all who have used them and my dealing so far have been fantastic.
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Here's a list of UK pet shippers and the airports they fly from. As Nicky says, Golden Arrow has a very good name for shipping pets. Unfortunately, they don't have a website.

There's a bit about shipping pets on our Home Page.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Helo again,
    thanks for the info, most probably go with golden arrow, as most people speak highly of them, thanks again

firing1 is offline Member

Default dogs and seminars

Hey there,
    I used Golden Arrow and they are excellent. Be prepared for a bit of cost though as shipping dogs isn't cheap. I paid 1000 per dog 6 years ago and some of our clients have paid over 3000 to ship a dog. Plumbers are still needed in NZ and there has been a bit of a downturn in the building industry so jobs are a bit more scarce than they were. Some employers are just holding off to see what happens with the economy over the next 6 months. Would be good to see you at one of our seminars.

Paul Goddard

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Golden Arrow certainly seems to get a good few mentions on here, but we used Ladyhaye. They were recommended to us by a Newfoundland breeder here in NZ and as we have a Newfoundland, we went with them. They were fantastic and took care of everything. You will find that some companies won't ship dogs larger than a retreiver, we were surprised at how many who said they wouldn't work with us. Ladyhaye, really seemed to care. Our dogs flew out on the same plane as us and when we picked them up at the other end we were given a report that told us how often they had been checked and how often they had been given fresh water so we could see they had been well looked after. They certainly seemed happy as well. It cost us 5k pounds for the shipping and another 2k for all the vet checks, innoculations, passports, paperwork etc.
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land