Thread: Hello or Kiaora from the Highlands of Scotland

Rainbow Lady is offline Junior Member

Default Hello or Kiaora from the Highlands of Scotland

Hello all

I stumbled upon this forum when I was trying to find out the name of the supermarket we used to shop at in Pukekohe.

Lived in Puni for two years a few years ago and worked at the Quality Hotel in Auckland for a time, my husband worked at the Steel Mill in Waiuku.

Also lived in Bermuda for 11 years so was interested to see postings from BermyGirl and ShellBda and wonder if I could know either of you as did know many Kiwis whilst out there.

Now staying in the Highlands - been here since we left Bda in 2000.

Think the supermarket must have been either Countdown or New World. It was the one where you put your stuff back into a trolley and then pack them yourself - does anyone remember the name please?

Needed to know as we were talking about UK getting rid of plastic bags and wonder why they don't do like they do in NZ.

Hope to talk later

Love Cynthia x

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hi Cynthia,

I think the supermarket you're talking about is Pak 'N' Save. All the other supermarkets, as far as I'm aware, use carrier bags to pack your shopping into.

Welcome to the forum anyway, nice to have you on board

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Hi Cynthia, We'll have to figure out wether we knew each other or not...loL! I've been missing in action for a while from here...apologies everyone! Your message to me today prompted me to check in again. I'm heading down to NZ for another visit next week, still planning on moving next year...fingers crossed... Welcome to the forum Cynthia!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Cynthia. Welcome to MTNZ. Glad you decided to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Lady
    I stumbled upon this forum when I was trying to find out the name of the supermarket we used to shop at in Pukekohe.
    Oh well, that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Lady
    Also lived in Bermuda for 11 years so was interested to see postings from BermyGirl and ShellBda and wonder if I could know either of you as did know many Kiwis whilst out there.
    I don't believe they are kiwis, but I'm sure they will correct me if I'm wrong . Wouldn't it be great if you did find you knew each other .

A big to Bermy Girl. Great to see you on here again. We could do with a bit of livening up as it's been a bit quiet at times without you and Shell on here. The door is always open to you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome.

Thanks Welsh Girl for the supermarket info. I thought it was that but then again thought it maybe was Countdown.

Jillian I have sent you a pm as you will def know my husband from the Hood, in fact you probably arranged his leaving do now I think about it and certainly his birthday do too.

Wish I was coming back to New Zealand or Bermuda again to live but sadly we are now here to stay.

Talk soon ladies

Love Cynthia x

Bermy Girl is offline Senior Member

Livening up you say Motherbear? I can't imagine that this forum is anything but with Welshgirl and Taffy around... But thanks for the welcome back, Shell and I may have been quiet, but disappear never...

Cynthia, how crazy is that! Of course I know Yoyo! Served him many a pint over the years! Hope all is well with you both.

Jillian have sent you pm with some messages from Yoyo.

Yes thanks we are both fine and missing both Bermuda and New Zealand.

It is the strangest thing I was only looking for a supermarket in Auckland and I found you lol

xx

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Lady View Post
    It is the strangest thing I was only looking for a supermarket in Auckland and I found you lol
    Go MTNZ Eat your heart out, Friends Reunited!!

BTW, Welcome Cynthia - I'm a Kiwi living in Glasgow - for now.

KG
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!

I live in Inverness way up in the Highlands

xx

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

I love it up there - we spent a weekend not too long ago with friends who live in Keith - going back up again either September weekend or a week in October - haven't decided yet!
    Inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out but I can usually shut her up with cake!