Thread: Hi!

htcesq2 is offline Member

Default Hi!

Hi Everyone!

I've been following some great discussions on this forum and its very nice to see lots of useful advice, mostly from very knowledgeable members like MotherBear being freely offered to people with urgent questions.

I immigrated to the United States 22 years ago. I've been practicing as an immigration attorney in New York helping thousands of people (mostly hi-tech professionals) migrate to the US. And now my wife and I are ready to move to NZ with our two children - hoping for enhancements in the quality of life sector. We visited NZ in April this year just to explore. Once back in the US, we started planning the move - and you gussed it - at every step we are coming up with questions that the NZIS website does not answer.

I've learnt a lot from this forum and I hope to share my experience with the members in the coming days.

Thanks.

Taufiq

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Welcome on board.

Just goes to show how bad the NZ immigration website is if someone who's used to immigration can't find their way around it LOL.

How far along with your plans are you?

Fire away with any questions, there is always someone around to help out.

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the welcome. I just read your other post - congratulations!

We just submitted the EOI without PAR - 110 points (hoping to qualify if the selection comes down from 115 to 110 sometime soon). But if NZQA finds OH's US degree at less than a Master's level because her previous qualification (M.Sc. and B.Sc. from an university of Bangladesh) are not lamong the recognized ones, we go down by 5 points. We are anxiously waiting for the PAR that we aplied for about seven days ago.

Good luck with settling down in the Kiwiland!

Taufiq

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Taufiq and

It looks like you've made a great start on the forum with all your posts, so that's good news for us.

I think most of the immigration answers are on the INZ site, but it's often much too complicated to dig them out. I've been wandering around the site for several years now, but still come up with pages I've never seen before because they are tucked away in out-of-the-way places. That site is unnecessarily complicated and information about the different visa types is scattered all over the place instead of all being kept together for ease of usage. When giving the requirements for each visa (which is the most important bit) they seem to focus entirely on health and character instead of what you really need to know i.e. if you have the relevant skills to qualify. I'd love to get my hands on that site and put some order and simplicity into it.

Good luck with your immigration process. Hope it goes smoothly for you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Zenji is offline Member

Hi,
    Welcome. You have come to the right forum! I equally didn't know much about INZ but this forum helped me so much!
    Cheers
    Zenji

Thank you Mother Bear & Zenji,

It feels great to be a part of this community!

Taufiq