Thread: somebody can help us???

ferchagus is offline Junior Member

Question somebody can help us???

Hello every body we are FER and GUS and we are going to NZ to see if we can live in that beautiful country, we don't know if is better to find a job and after applied for a worker visa or if we start a business could be more easy. Somebody know how can we do and what can we do? We are from south America but now we live in USA, but we have to move.
    ferchagus

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Ferchagus and welcome to the forum.

Getting to stay in NZ permanently isn't as easy as finding a job and applying for a visa. You must have job skills that are needed and then you can claim points for your qualifications and work experience etc. There are other ways of getting in but you still need to have skilled work that the country needs. If you are unskilled, it is very difficult to stay in NZ. Have you looked at the INZ site yet? If you haven't, perhaps it would be better if you read through it to see which is the best way for you to go, then you can ask further questions on here.

If you want to start a business you can check here if you fill the requirements. Ideally, you must have previously run a business to show that you have experience in this field.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

ferchagus

Ola and buenos dias. ¿De qué país son usted al principio?

Gracias.

Cliff
    Nueva Zealandia
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."

Default hola

Hola Cliff soy Argentina, y usted?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    ferchagus

Ola and buenos dias. ¿De qué país son usted al principio?

Gracias.

Cliff
    Nueva Zealandia
    ferchagus

Default thank you

yes I believe so, I was looking on the site and we believe we qualified, but we don't need any lawyer to do the papers works? We want to be sure before a start any thing for our selfs. But what happened if we going to NZ and we get a job offer? How long we have to wait to be a resident or get any health benefits for our kids?

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Ferchagus and welcome to the forum.

Getting to stay in NZ permanently isn't as easy as finding a job and applying for a visa. You must have job skills that are needed and then you can claim points for your qualifications and work experience etc. There are other ways of getting in but you still need to have skilled work that the country needs. If you are unskilled, it is very difficult to stay in NZ. Have you looked at the INZ site yet? If you haven't, perhaps it would be better if you read through it to see which is the best way for you to go, then you can ask further questions on here.

If you want to start a business you can check here if you fill the requirements. Ideally, you must have previously run a business to show that you have experience in this field.
    ferchagus

Blog Entries

Gracias. Yo soy Estados Unidos. Tengo once anos en Nueva Zealandia. Yo soy amigo en BA., argentina. Mi espanol is muy mal.

haste luego.

Health benefits are immediate and part of the social benefits here. You can get private Insurance but you don't need it. I had it for 10 years and finally dropped it. I have a stroke in February of this year and spent 6 days in the hospital. My bill was zero - nada. I consider I got excellent care.

Residency is only after approved. You can get citizenship after 5 years. If you can get qa job offer with a skill in demand you can get here pretty quick with a work permit. You can then apply for residency are you are here.

The seasons are the same time as Argentina (Southern Hemisphere).

If you have any other questions ask away.
    Last edited by Cliff; 17-07-2008 at 06:28 PM.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand

OK that fine my English needs improve, so where are you in NZ? Thanks for you answer that help us, before a start anything we will going to see we have a plan to go by october, so I hope we can be a friend.
    ferchagus

Thank you always your answers are good thank you for be a good Mother Bear !!!
    ferchagus

Blog Entries

ferchagus

I am just norte of Wellington.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ferchagus View Post
    How long we have to wait to be a resident or get any health benefits for our kids?
    Applying for residency can take anything from a few months to a year or maybe more if there are complications. The more points you can get in the points system, the quicker the process should be.

You will be entitled to domestic health care when you get your residency, but you also get it if you hold a Work Permit for more than 12 months duration.

Quote Originally Posted by ferchagus
    Thank you always your answers are good thank you for be a good Mother Bear !!!
    Many thanks, Ferchagus.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.