Thread: ACA - NZICA - Looking for emigrate to NZ

Saky is offline Junior Member

Unhappy ACA - NZICA - Looking for emigrate to NZ

Hi

I dont know which route should I take to emigrate to NZ.I have recently gained ACA from NZICA and NZQA assessed my educational skills at level -9 for MBA gained overseas. I am 37 yrs of age and have 14 yrs of experience in accounting/auditing.The EOI gives me 90 points - not enough to migrate. The employers ask fro prior PR or work visa before they like to interview. I am confused. Please advise.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saky View Post
    The employers ask fro prior PR or work visa before they like to interview. I am confused. Please advise.
    Hi Saky and welcome.

Yes, this seems to often be the case where potential employers want you to hold either PR or a WP before they will offer you a job but, as most folks know, you can't get a WP without a job offer so the employers are just being difficult. There are some who will take you on without this, but you would probably need to go to NZ (or are you already there?) to meet employers face to face.

It sounds like you need to get a job offer to make up your points, so I'm afraid it means more knocking on doors to get that elusive job offer. We've had some discussion on this a while ago and it appears that kiwi companies can be a little afraid of employing people from overseas, which has made it quite difficult for some people. But, it can be done, so perhaps you will need to persevere for a bit longer in the hope that someone out there will take you on. You may have more luck in the cities rather than the towns because companies there should be used to employing foreigners.

Good luck. I know it's very frustrating.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Saky is offline Junior Member

Default Thanks...

Hi Mothbear

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

I am currently not in NZ...and like to know whether I can go to NZ on visitors visa or job search visa ( or whether I can get one)....I mean is this possible to apply for a job once in NZ and then straight away start employment once employer accepts you there?...

Please advise whether there are any alternate routes ??