Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fingers crossed!

AHoney is offline Junior Member

Smile Fingers crossed!

We are off to London tomorrow for our interview with the RNZN at New Zealand house, so positive vibes please. I must admit Ive felt very strange about the whole New Zealand thing since I knew we had an interview. Im still 100% sure its the right thing for us, but I have been having these reservations and at times almost talking myself out of proceeding, very strange! Anyway, Im looking forward to being back in London for a few days even if they do predict rain I will let you know how it goes x
    Are we there yet!

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Well good luck- hope everything goes as well as you hope.
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AHoney View Post
    We are off to London tomorrow for our interview with the RNZN at New Zealand house, so positive vibes please.
    Oh definitely.

And a thrown in for good measure.

I must admit Ive felt very strange about the whole New Zealand thing since I knew we had an interview. Im still 100% sure its the right thing for us, but I have been having these reservations and at times almost talking myself out of proceeding, very strange!
    I would say that's quite a common phenomenon. When things that are out of our normal comfort zone seem out of our reach we want them, but, when they become a definite possibility we suddenly get cold feet and try to find ways to talk ourselves out of it. As long as you're sure it's the right thing, just give yourself space to mull the whole thing over, so you can convince yourself you're 101% sure it's right.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

I would say that's quite a common phenomenon. When things that are out of our normal comfort zone seem out of our reach we want them, but, when they become a definite possibility we suddenly get cold feet and try to find ways to talk ourselves out of it. As long as you're sure it's the right thing, just give yourself space to mull the whole thing over, so you can convince yourself you're 101% sure it's right. [/QUOTE]

Thanks Mother Bear, I suppose its only when you start investigating at what you are leaving behind, such as an affordable education system, NHS (to a certain degree), family allowance etc, etc. That you realise that things are not all that bad in England, apart from the weather maybe today! However, you have to weigh up what you are getting and I know that we are more than 101% sure we want this, just very nervous about the process getting there! Thanks for your time.
    Are we there yet!

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Good luck with the interview. Even now we have PR and have booked our flights I still have moments when I wonder if this is the right thing and whether we will last. I think it is normal as MB says. I will let you know when we arrive and have een there for a few months.
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Good luck
    And i am here and even now and then i still get,have we done the right thing.
    i then take a wee walk either over to the beach,or even look out from my window and see the hills and im convinced,we have done alright
    Its to big a move to not have doubts
    But i kept telling myself,well i can always go back,but at least i will have tried.
    You will be fine
    Meadow

Landed in New Zealand 29th jan 2008
    Colin got job offer 21st feb
    Work Permit applied for 3rd march
    Colins work permit received friday 2nd may 2008
    Dated till jan 2010
    My work permit applied for 7th may 2008
    My work permit received 27th may 2008
    Dated till jan 2010

Arrived back in Scotland 21st July 2009

maxius42 is offline Member

Default Relax...

Hi,

I think its natural, when you are almost there... It happens but the good part is you are 100% sure that it is right...

Keep Cool
    Max

Default Where to start?

Well, the past 48 hours have been very exhausting.....

Got to London on Thursday, literally a stones throw from New Zealand House (what an ugly building), so we got ourselves prepared for the interview Friday. Long discussions on how we felt and both fairly nervous of the process. Then at 12.30am we got a phone call, the water tank had split in the loft and boiling hot water was pouring down from the loft and out of the airing cupboard. My children were obviously in a state of anxiety, especially as they believed it to be something they had done! Fortunately, or unfortuntely (as it seems it may be down to their negligence) we live in a forces home and someone was able to come out and make safe the house before any further damage was done. However, a lot of water had come down and had now flooded the kitchen and we were told at 2.00am the house was uninhabitable! Despair, stuck 100's miles from home and no way to get back. I have never known anything like it, being seperated from my children at a time like this. We tried to get a hire car but nothing (centre of London and nothing was open, I thought we lived in a 24/7 society) a taxi would cost 600, so we had to get the first train back, Which cost 240 for a single fare!

So after leaving London to start our journey at 4am on no sleep, we eventually got back to Plymouth at 11am, to find a lot of mess and three very upset children (I have to say at this point the oldest being 19). Fortunately, alot of it was superficial, no major damage and by the end of the day and many workmen we are back to some sort of normality! However, we obviously didnt make the interview and are already seriously out of pocket, less than 24 hours in London and the cost was 550, we hope to get some form of compensation from the armed services and we were able to get another appointment, however I this time will not be able to attend!

I did wonder if this was some sort of omen but perhaps it was just seriously bad luck, and as I have been told many times it could have been worse, potentially fatal, so thank god my oldest daughter likes to stay up late, I cant even bare to think whatmight have happened if they had all been asleep.

I am not sure where we go from him with the process, it seems we are back to square 1!
    Are we there yet!

Caz
    Caz is offline Member

Well, the past 48 hours have been very exhausting.....

Got to London on Thursday, literally a stones throw from New Zealand House (what an ugly building), so we got ourselves prepared for the interview Friday. Long discussions on how we felt and both fairly nervous of the process. Then at 12.30am we got a phone call, the water tank had split in the loft and boiling hot water was pouring down from the loft and out of the airing cupboard. My children were obviously in a state of anxiety, especially as they believed it to be something they had done! Fortunately, or unfortuntely (as it seems it may be down to their negligence) we live in a forces home and someone was able to come out and make safe the house before any further damage was done. However, a lot of water had come down and had now flooded the kitchen and we were told at 2.00am the house was uninhabitable! Despair, stuck 100's miles from home and no way to get back. I have never known anything like it, being seperated from my children at a time like this. We tried to get a hire car but nothing (centre of London and nothing was open, I thought we lived in a 24/7 society) a taxi would cost 600, so we had to get the first train back, Which cost 240 for a single fare!

So after leaving London to start our journey at 4am on no sleep, we eventually got back to Plymouth at 11am, to find a lot of mess and three very upset children (I have to say at this point the oldest being 19). Fortunately, alot of it was superficial, no major damage and by the end of the day and many workmen we are back to some sort of normality! However, we obviously didnt make the interview and are already seriously out of pocket, less than 24 hours in London and the cost was 550, we hope to get some form of compensation from the armed services and we were able to get another appointment, however I this time will not be able to attend!

I did wonder if this was some sort of omen but perhaps it was just seriously bad luck, and as I have been told many times it could have been worse, potentially fatal, so thank god my oldest daughter likes to stay up late, I cant even bare to think whatmight have happened if they had all been asleep.

I am not sure where we go from him with the process, it seems we are back to square 1!
    Oh AHoney,

That does sound exhausting!!! That must have been quite scary for the kids, its happened to me before and i just didnt know what to do. You have got water pouring down the walls and cant stop it!!!

Yeah i think you should get some compensation for that!!! Especially after you havin to come back at your cost, due to their negligence!

I wouldnt mull over it too long, especially with regard to moving. Its just one of those things, it would have happened if u were there or not!
    You shouldnt use it to make a decision on moving.

At least u managed to get another interview date, so its not all bad. Just go with it and good luck. I am sure it will all turn out fine!

Caz xxx
    Life is a Game - Great when you're winning - Crap when you're losing!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

What a nightmare! Thank goodness it has more or less been sorted now, but how typical it had to happen at a time when you were away from home and such an important occasion, too, when you had enough on your minds.

As Caz says, just put it behind you, step back on the rails and move forward again. Omen or not, it might have been a good omen rather than a bad one (can you have good omens? ) Perhaps the person who would have interviewed you that day was a difficult so-and-so and the one who will conduct the next interview will be great and push you forward for approval. They say things happen for a reason, but it doesn't have to be a bad reason .

Hope your onward progress is less dramatic.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast