Thread: Hi All!!

venkatesh is offline Junior Member

Default Hi All!!

Hi Guys,

I am venkatesh from India, right now In US. I am planning to apply for immigration, I need your advice in this,

1. Should I search for a Job and get work permit then apply for immigration?
    2. Should I get the immigration and search for a job

Between how easy is to get a job first?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Venkatesh and welcome to the forum.

If you have skills and work experience that NZ is looking for and you have the qualifications to back them up, you can submit your EOI and start the ball rolling. If you can get a job offer this would be even better as you would get extra points if it's in the same field as your qualification. If you can get 140 points or more your application should be fast tracked (although you would probably still have to wait a few months for PR to come through).

If you get a job offer quickly and want to start work in NZ before your PR comes through, you can get a Work Permit and use that to allow you to work legally in NZ. Getting a WP shouldn't take too long although I think doing it in NZ takes longer at the moment.

It would probably be easier to get a job offer if you are already in NZ as some employers are reluctant to take on someone who says they want to go to NZ but who may change their mind and not make it there.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Tamira is offline Junior Member

Hi Venkatesh,
    welcome here... I can't give you any tips, 'cause I'm just starting to research migration myself... But I still wanted to greet you! ;)
    So you have experience with moving into strange countrys allready? How did you got to live in the US? And why do you want to move to NZ?
    Sorry if I am TOO nosy! ... It's just - curiosity is a BIG part of my personality...

kiwisue is offline Member

Hello and welcome.
    Can't give you any advise on what sort of Visa you would need to apply for to emigrate to New Zealand.
    As I am a New Zealand citizen my husband has applied for PR under the Family/Partnership category. We expect to hear whether his application has been approved anyday now. His application is going through the NZ Embassy, Washington DC.

Cheers,

Suzanne.
    ~Suzanne~

This Kiwi is home at last.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    Hi Venkatesh and welcome to the forum.

If you have skills and work experience that NZ is looking for and you have the qualifications to back them up, you can submit your EOI and start the ball rolling. If you can get a job offer this would be even better as you would get extra points if it's in the same field as your qualification. If you can get 140 points or more your application should be fast tracked (although you would probably still have to wait a few months for PR to come through).

If you get a job offer quickly and want to start work in NZ before your PR comes through, you can get a Work Permit and use that to allow you to work legally in NZ. Getting a WP shouldn't take too long although I think doing it in NZ takes longer at the moment.

It would probably be easier to get a job offer if you are already in NZ as some employers are reluctant to take on someone who says they want to go to NZ but who may change their mind and not make it there.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I was told I can go to NZ in a visitor visa and attend interviews and get a work permit there itself without returning to home country, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamira View Post
    Hi Venkatesh,
    welcome here... I can't give you any tips, 'cause I'm just starting to research migration myself... But I still wanted to greet you! ;)
    So you have experience with moving into strange countrys allready? How did you got to live in the US? And why do you want to move to NZ?
    Sorry if I am TOO nosy! ... It's just - curiosity is a BIG part of my personality...
    Tamira,

Thanks and nice to see your message, I went US with a H1 visa its like a work permit there, since I am in to IT industry some times it make life easy to get permit to other countries.

Regarding moving to NZ, I am looking at some country where I can get PR and settle happily with my girl friend. Getting PR in US is hard and very time consuming.

I was looking at canada too, but NZ some what interest me more.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kiwisue View Post
    Hello and welcome.
    Can't give you any advise on what sort of Visa you would need to apply for to emigrate to New Zealand.
    As I am a New Zealand citizen my husband has applied for PR under the Family/Partnership category. We expect to hear whether his application has been approved anyday now. His application is going through the NZ Embassy, Washington DC.

Cheers,

Suzanne.
    Suzanne,

Congrats for your husbands application, I wish you best of luck