Thread: Hello! Glad I found this site!

1happywoman is offline Senior Member
    Kawakawa, NZ, formerly Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Blog Entries

Default Hello! Glad I found this site!

My name is Susan, and I am a nurse in the USA. My de facto partner is a kiwi, on his way back as I write this with all of my documents in hand, to be delivered to the INZ office in Auckland. I am missing him greatly and can't wait to join him. He also has the majority of documents to send to the New Zealand Council of Nursing. I'll just be waiting on the return of my passport and my temporary work permit so I can leave here.

Having been born and raised in the same city all my life, as well as raising my own sons in the same place, I am more than ready to experience a new life in a new country! I have heard so many good things about New Zealand. I also have a friend, who is a nurse, married to a doctor and they recently immigrated to New Zealand and absolutely love it there!

I can't wait to get there!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Susan and welcome to MoveToNZ.

I've answered a couple of your queries on another thread so we've already made contact .

Sounds like your kiwi has got a busy time ahead of him getting your paperwork on the move. Hopefully it will all go smoothly for you. I take it you've never been to NZ before?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

1happywoman is offline Senior Member
    Kawakawa, NZ, formerly Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Blog Entries

No, I've never been to New Zealand. I have a "bloom where you are planted" philosophy. My appetite for a bit of adventure was whetted by spending a month working in Barrow, Alaska, a couple of years ago. I worked in a 20 bed hospital, on the edge of the Arctic Ocean. I was flattered by the offer of permanent positions, while watching as 4 nurses were dismissed for various reasons while I was there. (Not something that happened without just cause, since persuading people to come and work in the middle of the Arctic winter, during constant darkness and cold, is no small task!) I thought my clinical skills were too old, and I wouldn't remember how to do things, but I did! I was able to adapt myself to an entirely different culture (the Inupiat American natives). I've traveled to other parts of the world and been fortunate to travel in the US as well, but my Barrow adventure was probably the most extreme.

I really do like this forum, and you have been most cordial and reassuring, motherbear.