Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very excited Hello's!

hairyjosef is offline Junior Member

Talking Very excited Hello's!

Hi!

Now that I have finally remembered my log in name I can actually get posting!!!
    I am Jo and am married to a lovely kiwi, John. We are in the process of tipping our house contents into a skip (other than essentials!!) for our big move.

We have been mooting this for years (I have visited 4 times now and sulked for about 6 months on return to the uk each time!)
    Now we have a rampaging toddler (Henry) we have decided he need thousands of acres of open space to burn energy off so are doing the move!!!
    I am heading off for my xray/medical on tues! What exactly does that entail does anyone know???
    I can't wait! Spending all free time looking at rental houses on the internet!!
    Any good tips???
    We will be settling on North Shore in Auckland near family and friends......

Looking forward to posting with you!

Jo

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi Jo,

Welcome to the forum

Don't worry about the medical, it's only minor open heart surgery to see if there's anything in your heart that worries them (such as illegal contraband) and they chop your arms and legs off to check that in the event that you lose them in an accident they can sew them back on easily enough

Just kidding of course! It's nothing to worry about, just a general checkup to make sure everything is all good.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Jo and .

Here's a previous post about medicals that might throw some light on the matter. Perhaps a few others who have had their medicals recently could add their experiences to this.

Looking for houses on the Internet? One of my favourite pastimes . You could get lucky now that the housing market has crashed. A good time for catching a bargain. Good luck with it all.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

catt is offline Member

Hi Jo..........I went for my medical yesterday afternoon and took about an hour and a half in total with waiting in between. First there is the Chest Xray then urine sample, height, weight, waist size, BMI worked out followed by the form filling complete with stethascope on the chest and back, blowing into a tube for pressure check, blood pressure, light in the eyes and ears, looked inside my mouth. She felt around the thyroid for any lymph activity and across my upper and lower abdomen then did the little hammer on the knees thing. Also asked me about any big birth marks or any scars that i had. We talked through my medical history eg if i had had surgery or any ongoing illness and finished off with a breast examination because i am over 50. I was then sent off to the nurses for my bloods to be taken. Now waiting for the results which are expected to come back in 5 to 7 days.

I was dreading it but it turned out ok i would recommend The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. Easy to find and really nice people.

catt is offline Member

Oops.........forgot the eye test and you will need to take your passport, driving licence and the form that you can download from the internet (see posted site below) along with three passport photographs.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...2EA/0/1007.pdf

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MotherBear View Post
    You could get lucky now that the housing market has crashed.
    Has it? I must have missed that cos everything looks just as expensive to me!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Well, I'm only going by what I've read in the news and have posted on here. They reckoned prices had aready dropped 10% and sellers were being advised to drop their prices to a more realistic level.
    Mother Bear

Blog Entries

Cool, lets hope it continues for a while!
    Taffy

Blog Entries

Not if you're trying to sell though.
    Mother Bear

hairyjosef is offline Junior Member

Great thanks for that!!
    And there was me worrying they sucked your brain out, whisked it up, flipped your liver through 180 and then shaved your head!!!! Phwewy!!!
    Good news (for buyers like me!!) bout price drop motherbear... Need it to hold on for another 12 months though!
    Loving the houses i=on the net, but currently would be buying about 12 given the funds!
    SO EXCITED (still)
    Where abouts is everyone based??????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast